Entertainment

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Caron
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Entertainment

Post by Caron »

Does anyone know if there's still entertainment in the square? It used to run until the end of September but I don't see that many people around in the evenings on the webcam! Going out for a week next week and it would be nice if there was a bit of activity.

Many thanks.
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Entertainment

Post by widge »

Bruce Wallis will be performing live in the square from 1st October. I'm told that he sings requests from the sixties and seventies. He is hoping to recruit a backing group to support him - especially with some of the high notes ! :D
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

Bruce Wallis will be performing live in the square from 1st October. I'm told that he sings requests from the sixties and seventies. He is hoping to recruit a backing group to support him - especially with some of the high notes ! :D
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

.... so good you had to name him twice :wink: :lol:
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

Bruce Wallis was to play the comb and paper . . . . but nowadays he hasn't any need for a comb so he had to cancel. :P
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

Michael Crane wrote:Bruce Wallis was to play the comb and paper . . . . but nowadays he hasn't any need for a comb so he had to cancel. :P
Clearly you have never met me, Michael................

Whilst I have obliged with the occasional command performance in the Roundup, I have never had problems with the high notes.

Ask EMG!! :D
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by laserblazer »

Caron wrote:Does anyone know if there's still entertainment in the square? It used to run until the end of September but I don't see that many people around in the evenings on the webcam! Going out for a week next week and it would be nice if there was a bit of activity.

Many thanks.
I don't know what the entertainment is at Carvoeiro Caron but you know you will always be entertained on this site.
pete-flint
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by pete-flint »

:lol: :lol:

There is a board in the square listing the entertainment and it does run up to the end of September. :D
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

Bruce Wallis wrote: Whilst I have obliged with the occasional command performance in the Roundup .............
... and I legged it in fear and panic before he started - many young children and some elderly people got trampled in the crush to get out when he picked up the mike :lol: :lol: :lol: - it was an unsavoury scene which we hoped would never be repeated :shock: - but apparently he is now used to clear the bar when the owner wants to shut :P
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

Bruce is particularly good in falsetto. He can do a very passable impersonation of Barry Gibb & "Staying Alive".

Even the trousers are a bit too tight these days and some claim bordering on obscene but he keeps them up - his octaves that is :P
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by ceh »

We watched the entertainment on a couple of evenings last week over a coffee or two having eaten elsewhere.

The bars and restaurants by the square were busy but there weren't so many casual bystanders (or people dancing) as last year. As pete-flint says the boards indicate there is entertainment until the end of the month. It was nice and relaxing sitting there and the temperature was like July/August (think its now a bit cooler).
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

HampshireRich wrote:
Bruce Wallis wrote: Whilst I have obliged with the occasional command performance in the Roundup .............
... and I legged it in fear and panic before he started - many young children and some elderly people got trampled in the crush to get out when he picked up the mike :lol: :lol: :lol: - it was an unsavoury scene which we hoped would never be repeated :shock: - but apparently he is now used to clear the bar when the owner wants to shut :P
Hampshire Rich and Widge, supposedly my best 2 friends in Carvoeiro, are just envious....but I love them both.....and accept their jealous banter in good part.....and challenge them both to a sing-off in the Roundup :D
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

Bruce Wallis wrote:
HampshireRich wrote:
Hampshire Rich and Widge, supposedly my best 2 friends in Carvoeiro, are just envious....but I love them both.....and accept their jealous banter in good part.....and challenge them both to a sing-off in the Roundup :D
Not a chance - I know my limitations :wink:
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

Talk about entertainment and celebrities in Carvoeiro .............there was a Bruce Wallis impersonator in the Round Up Bar last night ! Almost as good as the real thing :D
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

widge wrote:Talk about entertainment and celebrities in Carvoeiro .............there was a Bruce Wallis impersonator in the Round Up Bar last night ! Almost as good as the real thing :D
What??? did Rich slip in a quick visit??? :lol: