Food in Carvoeiro

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
David0836
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Food in Carvoeiro

Post by David0836 »

One of my clients holidayed in a villa I manage and has emailed me to say they have had a very bad case of food poisoning called Campylobacter. As there is more than one person with the food poison, they have linked it to O'Rustico Restaurant; it's on
the back road from Carvoeiro to the Traffic lights by the International
School. If anybody was at the restaurant around the 24th to 27th of June and have had any symptoms of food poisoning, or, have had any bad experiences from the O'Rustico Restaurant I would be interested to know.The standard of hygine is very good in Carvoeiro but Im just concerned with this particular restaurant[/b]
Last edited by David0836 on Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderbolt

Post by Thunderbolt »

hello,

Two people I know have had food poisoning whilst in Carvoeiro recently but I don't think it was relating to the restaurant.

One of them came back to England on the 7th July with food poisoning and the other had food poisoning a couple of days later.

I found it weird that people seemed to have it at the same time but I think you have shed some light on the matter.

Post by Guest »

you must be very careful with food in this heat make sure you wash fruit and veg and your hands before touching food.. I shared a cataplana once with three other people and I was the only one ill, all it takes is on bad clam and that's it

Post by Guest »

On the button there guest. Spent most of the early hours on Saturday running from bed to loo or basin and back again.

One dody clam i think or possibly the crab. Only me out of four diners was ill.

Had seafood at the marisquera in Portimao.

Why is it that I only go along and eat overpriced scavenging crustacia just please the wife, and I'm the cucker that gets ill. Three times in the past couple of years.

Never got food poisoning on anything but shell fish.

Stick to steak in future!
heini
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by heini »

guest, maybe you have an allergy to shellfish.
bifas 1st darling!
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by bifas 1st darling! »

We only eat shellfish prepared and cooked at home, ALWAYS better and far cheaper :lol: