A Gale

CM
CVO Master
CVO Master

A Gale

Post by CM »

Carla is back and you can tell! best meal I had, the others agreed it was very very good. Ask for the specials, I had Lamb shank and my mate had John Dory. Superb
Canada
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: A Gale

Post by Canada »

I bet Bruce & Julia will be there soon :lol:
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

Canada wrote:I bet Bruce & Julia will be there soon :lol:
What do you mean....will????

HAVE!!

This has always been one of the consistently good restaurants on Restaurant Hill. It's busy all year round, and is full when other lesser joints are empty.

A Gale is now the only restaurant in Carvoeiro town we bother going to, the rest of the time we eat out of town.

The addition of the lamb shanks is a wonderful innovation....loved it!!
They also do an amazing grilled halibut.
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by bruce »

This is my husband's favourite restaurant in Carvoeiro, I think he might also like the ladies in there :lol:
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

bruce wrote:This is my husband's favourite restaurant in Carvoeiro, I think he might also like the ladies in there :lol:
I know what you mean Sue.....Sandra works the men in the room beautifully.......

I've told her, very much in fun, and non -offensively , that she is a total "tips tart!"
Ernie
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Ernie »

HOW DARE THEY put tasty non traditional items on their menu like lamb shanks, dont they know that this is Portugal and they are Portugues. EMM will be furious and probably start a petition to get it banned.
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

If Ernie can tear him self away from the Nudes the World or the Peephole, which ever of those quality newspapers I think he reads :D :D he might care to learn that lamb in Portugal is one of the preferred meats and that " Borrego " which has fed on the local pastures has it s own delicious distinctive taste.
You can buy the full range of cuts ( including lamb shank ) in most local butchers
If the lamb is Portuguese we will certainly be trying the lamb shanks.If its is from NZ, why bother we can get that in the UK.
Jaylay
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Jaylay »

The fields locally have been full of lambs ready for the traditional Easter lunch.
pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pickwick »

EMM

I hope you enjoyed the early NZ lamb this year are next year there will be none in Europe as China has bought it all and rumour has it will also buy all the Beaujolais Nouveau and all the Champagne. Soon there will be no malt available in the UK to brew beer and lager as they have started brewing in China and cannot grow barley there suitable for brewing!!!

Pickwick
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

Well they are welcome to the Beaujolais Nouveau.....nasty thin crap...only exported to the UK.
Likewise the barley............

They just need to keep their nasty paws off the grapes......Ohh and the Baileys :D
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by bruce »

Bruce - Baileys is currently on offer at Tesco £10 per litre and guess what it is the real stuff! :wink:
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

WE are looking forward to trying Algarve Lamb, you now need a mortgage to buy UK spring lamb.
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by bruce »

EMM wrote:WE are looking forward to trying Algarve Lamb, you now need a mortgage to buy UK spring lamb.
We had Welsh lamb on Sunday and it was delicious and quite reasonably priced :wink:
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

bruce wrote:Bruce - Baileys is currently on offer at Tesco £10 per litre and guess what it is the real stuff! :wink:
That's just teasing Sue....Im in Portugal! :(
SAM SPARKLE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by SAM SPARKLE »

:roll: