Casa do Pau - Rua dos Pescadores/Barranco

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
Dougie

Casa do Pau - Rua dos Pescadores/Barranco

Post by Dougie »

:lol: :cry: Went to this place twice early May 03. First time I had a large mixed kebab and my friends had pizzas. I really enjoyed the kebab and friends enjoyed their pizzas. The service was friendly and the place had a nice atmosphere. However, we went again a few days later and I had chicken piri-piri. I found it to be very below average. The chicken was on the bone and very fatty and grisly. My friend had lasagne and said it was dry. When the waiter came after to clear up he asked if everything was OK. I said that my chicken was boney, fatty and grisly. His reply was "Chicken need bones to walk". His attitude changed dramatically. He was not interested in hearing any more. We promptly left and left about a 5 cent tip.
pinkiebluesky
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pinkiebluesky »

We went to Casa Do Pão last night and had a nice meal. No one wanted starters and the main course took a long time to arrive, but it was a very busy night. We had grilled cod fish, fish of the day (a choice of three different types), very fresh considering it was Sunday, the children had pizzas. Looking at the menu I was surprised at the large choice of dishes,pizas and desserts, the prices seemed average. With beers, soft drinks, small bottle of wine,ice creams and coffee it came to just over 65 euros for the four of us, not bad
Carol

casa do pau

Post by Carol »

We visited this restaurant 2 years ago, and the service was really really slow. When we were asked at the end of the meal if everything had been okay, we made a comment about the slow service.

The waiter took a knife to my husband, and tried to head butt him. It was one of the most frightening experiences of my life. We were not rude, nor drunk.

We should have reported it to the police but were too scared to do so. We will never go near the restaurant ever again, obviously.
falcon
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by falcon »

Carol, you can't be serious?

Post by Guest »

falcon wrote:Carol, you can't be serious?
:wink: perhaps it was some kind of dodgy entertainment that goes with the menu? but if it was 4 real i can imagine it 2 be frightening!

take care
Carol

casa do pau

Post by Carol »

Unfortunately I am serious. That incident did actually happen to us in July 2002. We were very very scared, and I do regret that we did not report it to the authorities.

It was not entertainment, and I still do not know what we did so wrong.

p.s. we are a normal looking couple in our late forties.

Post by Guest »

Only been there the once(this April)..and received good quick service..food was nicely cooked and reasonable price.
I found all the waiters to be friendly & courteous to me.
Has it changed hands since 2 years ago? :?
Anyway Carol...very disturbing what happened to you & your hus. and hopefully that waiter received his marching orders..for his unwanted menacing 'knife act'! :twisted:
Ellie