where is casa algarvia

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
Rosaleen17
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

where is casa algarvia

Post by Rosaleen17 »

where is casa algarvia :?: i cannot find it :roll: :? :?
barpaul
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

where is casa algarvia

Post by barpaul »

It is halfway up the hill (the one with all the restaurants) on the left hand side (going up) about 20 yards past Happys. Hope you can find it, you wont regret it. The salmon pate they serve with the bread is yummy!

Post by Guest »

I know a lot of people mention "Algarvia" but we tried it last September and found the food "very garlic based" and to a certain extent took away the flavour of the dish you were eating. My personal favorite has always been "O Cantino" which is just across the road. Saying that, you would be hard pushed to get a bad meal anywhere but a good or great meal are the restaraunts mentioned on the forum and the old message board. Back out in June and can't wait. Have a nice weekend everyone.
Rosaleen17
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

thanks

Post by Rosaleen17 »

thanks barpaul i know where you mean now. :oops: having been coming to carvoeiro for years and never been in there. :lol: :lol: am out again next week for 2 weeks and cant wait so will try casa algarvia. :)
pinkiebluesky
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pinkiebluesky »

casa algarvia was very good last season, but something has changed and the food doesn't seem so yummy anymore

Re: where is casa algarvia

Post by Guest »

barpaul wrote:It is halfway up the hill (the one with all the restaurants) on the left hand side (going up) about 20 yards past Happys. Hope you can find it, you wont regret it. The salmon pate they serve with the bread is yummy!
Roy Allen

Good food

Post by Roy Allen »

Last October we frequented the Casa Algarvia 9 nights in 2 weeks and only one complaint on our last night the steak Portuguese style was not the most tender to say the least, but te rest of the meals were superb. We have just been again last week 28.3.04 till 4.4.04 ate there every other night and again superb not a thing to complain about all staff very friendly and on to you as soon as you get in the door I think we now regard them all as friends DON'T MISS IT. Try the stone steak tornado, salmon in orange sauce, filet steak with almond sauce, they are great.All the people we spoke to all said they would be going back, we know it's good, try it.
hexe

casa algarvia

Post by hexe »

casa algarvia is the best restaurant in tow. all the food they use is fresh. :D the cantinho is ok but everything is frosen .not so good. :(