fav restaurant....

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
Leigh
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

fav restaurant....

Post by Leigh »

Just returned from 10 days and out of 8 nights eating out we spent 3 of them at " A Lanterna Velha" .....

Food was excellent and the service was great..
I highly recommend the Chicken Piri-Piri, Fish Kebab and the Lamb!!!!

And as for the Calysp coffee.....well!!!!!!! :lol:

Very child friendly and will definitely return on our next trip....
DickBob

Post by DickBob »

Very interesting, but where is it! :D

We've coming out to CVO/Monte Dourado in August and could do with some family friendly recommendations.

DickBob
kteee

Post by kteee »

It's on the main 'restaurant hill' otherwise known as estrada do farol, about half way up on the left hand side. If you are staying in Monte Dourado you can walk through the development, past reception, and at the top turn right, follow the road down until you reach estrada do farol. This will bring you out almost next to Lanterna Velha (turn left and it's on the left).

Have you looked at the map of Monte Dourado on this site, if not it is at http://www.carvoeiro.com/developments/m ... do_map.png

Looking at the map, the main road to the beach (rua do barranco) is on the left hand side, and the exit to estrada do farol as described above is on the right by mimosa apartments. Also check out the village map at http://www.carvoeiro.com/Guide/maps/Carvmap1.gif which should give you an idea of where everything is situated. As a bit more info, the view from the webcam is looking up estrada do farol, and rua do barranco is on the left, between Smilers bar and the wine shop.

Most of the restaurants discussed on the forum are on estrada do farol eg Happy's, O cantinho, Maximes, A Gale, A Galeria, Jota Lita, 3 chinese restaurants, Bistroquet - you can't miss them :D
Last edited by kteee on Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fav Restaurant

Post by Guest »

DickBob

You cant go wrong with the Monte Dourado apts...They were fab..
To be honest with you we did not have a problem in any of the restaurants with our 18 month old. She didnt eat in all of them but had she had done, there was a good choice on the childrens menus..
We did Slide and Splash and Zoomarine and she thoroughly enjoyed them both....very family orientated...you will enjoy!!!

Post by Guest »

Thanks "kteee" and "Guest" most appreciated. We'll check them out.

BTW where is "Splash and Slide" and "Zoomarine"?

DickBob
kteee

Post by kteee »

Slide and Splash is in Estombar, only 10 minutes by car from Carvoeiro - Zoomarine is in Alcantarilha, about 20 minutes drive back towards Faro.
DickBob

Post by DickBob »

Thanks once again.

DickBob
Love

Re: Fav Restaurant

Post by Love »

Anonymous wrote:DickBob

You cant go wrong with the Monte Dourado apts...They were fab..
To be honest with you we did not have a problem in any of the restaurants with our 18 month old. She didnt eat in all of them but had she had done, there was a good choice on the childrens menus..
We did Slide and Splash and Zoomarine and she thoroughly enjoyed them both....very family orientated...you will enjoy!!!

I tried the restaurant "A Rede", which is a beatiful restaurante with good food and nice waiters. If you can, please visit that place, you will enjoy a lot.
barpaul
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by barpaul »

Where's the restaurant A Rede please?
kteee

Post by kteee »

A Rede is right at the top of Estrada do Farol (restaurant hill) on the left hand side just past the new hotel

k
barpaul
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by barpaul »

Thanks Ktee. Must have passed it dozens of times and never noticed it. Will give it a try.
beaker

unhappy experience

Post by beaker »

Eight neighbours from Canada have just returned from six weeks at Rocha Brava. We had a wonderful time until the last week when one of our friends had a birthday and decided to go out for dinner. Some of the people we met suggested we go to Jardim do Farol which is just around the corner from the Rocha Brava complex. From the moment we stepped in the door until we left we were treated very poorly. The waiter was rude and surly and couldn't seem to wait until we left! When one of our friends found a fish bone in his creme caramel the waitress said "you're lucky!" This is just a few of the incidents we encountered (there were many more). This certainly didn't spoil our holiday as we had many enjoyable meals with lovely people. One of the best was the restaurant at Colina Village. The food was great and they couldn't do enough for us. We met some other Canadians and they had a similar experience at Jardim do Farol so I don't feel as though we were singled out.
heini
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by heini »

We had a similar experience at Jardim do Farol a few years back and haven't been back since.
april

food - glorious food

Post by april »

8Hi ) Hi everyone--- i vist Carvoeiro as often as possible although living in jersey makes it an extra £100 on the flight price ,never mind, the restaurants are so reasonable there in portugal. My sister rachel lives in carvoeiro and we eat out every night that i'm there....the waistband expands accordingly!!! Our favourite restaurants are Casa do Bife- where they do the steak on a stone as well as other lovely things. The boys are always so friendly and efficient and have remembered the wine we like and so many other little things that make your night memorable. We've been going there for 4 years now and have never had a bad meal. They also do the most fabulous king prawns on the hot stone----to die for . If one of you has the fillet on the stone and the other has the prawns you'll have loads and its 'divine darling!' Another place we love is O Barco in the square by the beach on the left. For a little simple supper or maybe lunch if its rainy and you've nothing to do - a plate of Frango piri piri and some chips and a salad, a couple of beers and again in here the boys are so nice and have always made a big fuss when we calll in. Its lovely to go back to these places time and again and each time that i leave portugal it becomes more of a wrench-maybe i should leave jersey and come to portugal for good!!! Its only 3 weeks since i was ther and am missing it already Look forward to seeing you all soon. April x x
Pierre
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Pierre »

Hi April. Caso de Bife sounds good - will give it a try. I've been coming for many years but never been there! I too live on Jersey - extra flight costs are a pain. I have just paid £280 each for Jersey-London-Faro with BA. Going out in June.