CVO Ramblers : Walk 12 March 2009

The ad hoc walking group
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

CVO Ramblers : Walk 12 March 2009

Post by Geoff »

There seems to be quite a few people wanting to go on interesting walks. Can I suggest that we form an ad hoc group, with a name such as the CVO Ramblers?

To try & get the ball rolling , can I suggest an inaugural walk on Thursday 12 March at 1000.

Meet outside the cemetary in Silves & walk up to the windmill & loop back via the beautiful countyside beyond. About 2 hours. (Directions: driving from CVO to Silves , go over the bridge & turn right. At the roundabout , turn left towards the town & the cemetary is about 100m on the right).

No charge , of course.
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

What a great idea. I hope you're still doing them over Christmas.

Note to Steen: If you allocate this topic its own category, I will link to it from FAQ.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Yes, great idea Geoff. Just got back from CVO so missed this one, but would definately be interested in future.
Keen walkers from Warwick!!
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by ceh »

I'll try to make it on the 12th - am only in CVO for 3 days (from the 11th) and it depend on how the assorted deliveries and odd jobs go but seems a good idea.
Steen Jakobsen
Site Admin

Post by Steen Jakobsen »

Great idea, you now have your own forum for organising the events. If the idea takes of we can make a dedicated page on the site.
lincdoc
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by lincdoc »

Great idea. Keep posting dates & times. Unfortunately we won't be out again until late in the year but we would be interested in joining in then.
Steen Jakobsen
Site Admin

Re: CVO Ramblers

Post by Steen Jakobsen »

Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Thanks for the map Steen.
Will be very interesting to see how many turn up on 12 March : if successful , will post a date for the following week.
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by ceh »

Thanks Steen, too, for the map. I am intending to be there barring last minute changes to plans (which happened last week due to work).

Caroline
Steen Jakobsen
Site Admin

Post by Steen Jakobsen »

You are very welcome. Here is a cool site if you want to trace the walk and give the total distance: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com

You could make a screen dump of the map and attach it to the post.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

It's a good idea for the future....or to trace a walk that's been done....but we fly out tomorrow early & don't have time to do it now. Thanks anyway
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

Steen Jakobsen wrote:You are very welcome. Here is a cool site if you want to trace the walk and give the total distance: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com

You could make a screen dump of the map and attach it to the post.
That's a very good idea. I hope it catches on, if it does we should have a nice portfolio of walks.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

The inaugural CVO Ramblers walk was successfully concluded on a lovely sunny day , albeit there were only the 4 of us ( plus 2 friendly dogs that insisted on accompanying us most of the way). Caroline & Jerec are leaving this weekend , so we need some more walkers please!
Next walk, wednesday 18 March at 1000.....put it in your diaries.....again about 2 hours. Details to follow.
Alison
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Alison »

The Silves windmill walk is our favourite inland walk - wish I'd been there rather than stuck in drizzly old England. We found this walk, and other great walks in the book by Brian and Eileen Anderson : Algarve Landscapes : Car Tours and Walks. Another favourite is the one west of Silves, all along an irrigation channel round the headland where the river splits just before Silves - you'd never find it without the book to tell you where to go! Hope we can join up with some walkers next time we are out.
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by ceh »

I went on the inaugural walk on Thursday and thoroughly enjoyed it - not an area I'm familiar with so that added to the experience plus good company and perfect weather. Wish I was still in the Algarve for the next walk. Will certainly go on another one.

Caroline