Fanatastic holiday in Monte Dourado

see map http://www.carvoeiro.com/images/montedourado_map.gif
KCRA
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Fanatastic holiday in Monte Dourado

Post by KCRA »

Had a great time. Everything in apartment (B52) and complex that you would need including a good reception service. Restaurants and bars really good. Would recommend you hire a car and visit many of the fantastic beaches. :lol:
SJ & RE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

ideal location

Post by SJ & RE »

Hiya,
Agree. We had a good time there in April/May this year.
Staff at reception really agreable, charity shop good, and left them lots of bits b4 we left. The restuarants, bars at the circle great. The pool lovely and so are the staff at the cafe there, only gripe was the pool was 2 cold 4 me, but hey cannot have everything.
The apts were very well done, good kitchen equipment, did not use much, who wants to be tied to the kitchen on hols :wink: :lol:
Jackie O
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Jackie O »

Staying in same apartment in october (B52). Whats the easiest way back to the complex? Have seen how steep the entrance is from the outroad. Did you use the steps at the side of Happy's?
KCRA
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Apartment B52

Post by KCRA »

Yes I used the steps at the side of Happy's, it's the shortest route from where most of the best restaurants and bars are. Don't worry you get used to it and it's a great way of walking off all that food !
colibri
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by colibri »

Hi we had a great time at monte dourado there are three lots of steeps off restaurant hill that you can use to get back to the complex
SJ & RE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Daft blonde moment

Post by SJ & RE »

Ok, so I am blonde and dizzy. Have really proved it this time.
I said what a great time we had at Monte Dourado up a few previous messages ago, but wait 4 it, I meant Monte Carveoiro I was talking about. OOOpsss sorry.
However we did have a great time at Monte Dourado in October last year, loved the reception and staff, so helpful and loved kicking back and resting by the pool. Restuarants in the area to M.D are great too.
Hope that clears up my blonde mistakes a bit, lets face it I do this sort of screw up a lot. But at least I admit to it, sometimes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:oops: :wink: :lol:
Jackie O
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Jackie O »

Its the first time we will have been in October, whats the weather like that time of year? Is it the same as end of May? We had perfect weather then.
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by laserblazer »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdndsgT9khg

It was a bit unusual last October half-term. A trifle damp :(
Jackie O
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Jackie O »

Blimey more like a monsoon :shock: Ah well we'll just have to make sure we take macs n brolly's. Did look warm though. Love to see the atlantic like that, reminds me of Nequay Cornwall.
Jackie O
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Jackie O »

Here's the w that should have been in Newquay, it felt left out.
sunlover
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

great holiday at Monte Dourado

Post by sunlover »

We have just come home from a great weeks holiday. It was the first time we had stayed in one of these apartments but found everything to be great. The apartment was spotlessly clean, as was the pool area. We shall certainly be back. :D