Additional Walks

The ad hoc walking group
Dafmie
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Additional Walks

Post by Dafmie »

Following the recent posts on the site about managing the number of walkers during the spring period when there are a lot of extra visitors to the Algarve, it has been decided to increase the number of walks during this period.

Therefore, during the January – March period, we are aiming to propose a walk each week in addition to the “normal” walks organized by Geoff, which are now being restricted.

To get the ball rolling, and given the limited planning time, I am proposing a classic walk on January 20th, from Vale Fuzeiros, and can confirm my availability to organize further walks on Tuesday January 28 and Tuesday February 4.

For the moment, we propose (if people are interested):

Tuesday January 28: Café Casinhas – Silves Orange Groves (a beautiful, moderately easy walk through the orange growing area close to Silves).

And for a change in a different area - Tuesday February 4: Sao Romao (a walk of moderate effort around the delightful countryside between Loulé and Sao Bras).

I will post these two walks next Monday. Please note that these walks also will be restricted to 20 people max.

David
Ren
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Additional Walks

Post by Ren »

Hi David

Could John and and myself join you for the walk on the 28th please?

Ren

PS If you are doing a lunch afterwards we would like to join you for that too.
Dafmie
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Dafmie »

The details of the walk on January 28 will be posted on Monday afternoon.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Just to say that as David and George will be organising some extra walks, I have deleted the previous topic outlining a policy of reserved places...it's back to " first come, first walks" , up to 20. After that, or instead of, people can opt to go on a David walk...as some/many are on a Tuesday, you might even be able to go on both!
Many thanks to them.
Geoff
Dafmie
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Dafmie »

The additional walks will now be posted on Thursday evening.

David