Walk Tuesday 2 April 2019 ; Silves Farmhouse

The ad hoc walking group
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Walk Tuesday 2 April 2019 ; Silves Farmhouse

Post by Geoff »

An invigorating walk through the backhills of Silves , with quite a lot of ups and downs, some quite steep, but with some lovely views. Please note the walk is on a Tuesday as the restaurant is now closed on a monday.

Degree of Difficulty ( scale 1:5 ) : 3 Energetic

Start:10.00 am

Directions : Drive to Silves, go over bridge and turn left on N124. After about 1km, you will pass the Continente suprmarket on the right hand side. Drive another 400m and turn right, almost doubling back on yourself.
Drive straight on for about 800 m ( going past the prison, the big white block on the left with barbed wire) and park in the Jardim do Largo da Republico, or nearby.
There are 3 coffee shops nearby, Cafe Jardin is where we will meet....if shut, at Snackbar Pastelario Tio.

Please note that parking can be a bit tight around there!

GPS : 37.189676N, 8.445618W

Usual caveats: all walks are at your own risk, and we do not walk if it is pouring with rain.....I will endevour to put any cancellation note on this site by 0830 on the day of the walk.

Walking boots/stout trainers , walking pole(s), hats and water recommended. No charge, of course.

Please indicate below if you can come as we will limit numbers to 20. Please also state if you want lunch.

Optional lunch at Mira Rio, a short drive away for 10€......which includes lunch (7.5€, tip and balance to charity, see new lunch price policy at viewtopic.php?f=39&t=27800......but please see my note further on
Dafmie
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Walk Tuesday 2 April 2019 ; Silves Farmhouse

Post by Dafmie »

Please include David and Mieke for walk and lunch. Thanks
Grahamandruth
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Grahamandruth »

Thanks-2nd April much better that April fools day so please include Graham and Ruth for walk and lunch.
Cheers
MikeAlmond
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by MikeAlmond »

Put me down for the walk and lunch please Geoff.

Thanks,

Mike
PeterB
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by PeterB »

Please put down Peter and Jill for walk and lunch. We are new to the group and look forward to meeting everyone.
pinkypuffin
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by pinkypuffin »

Jen and woofs no lunch 😁
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Please put down Peter and Jill for walk and lunch. We are new to the group and look forward to meeting everyone.
ditto...geoff
pauljb
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by pauljb »

Paul and Maggi would like to join the walk.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Hi all
I have a slight change of plans...Sue is coming out on the afternoon flight so I will be meeting her at Faro. The walk is still "on" , but I won't be having lunch, just a coffee/tosta in Silves somewhere....more than welcome to join me !
Don't let me stop you still going to the Mira Rio though...most of you know where it is....as there will only be 7 of you for lunch, there's no need to book.

See you all tuesday morning.

Geoff
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

I ought to read my own instructions, having sat at the cafe having a nice coffee and wondering why everyone went to the other cafe...apart from being in the sun, it was what I had said. Oh well !

Anyway, 11 walkers, 2 dogs and we welcomed Peter & Jill.

Good walk, 2.5 hours....lots of lovely spring flowers...only trouble is that they attracted the bees and Paul, Jen & Mike were stung. Fortunately, I had my First Aid pack , with tweezers and anti-histamine cream.

Image00003.jpg
Image00003.jpg (174.34 KiB) Viewed 4776 times
We spied a nice building project on the way back:
Image00004.jpg
Image00004.jpg (108.5 KiB) Viewed 4776 times
I didn't go to lunch, having to go and meet Sue, but Graham reports :

"Just to let you know that we had 9 people for lunch and we paid a gratuity and still have 15 euros for the charity. All went well. Thanks
All the best- see you on Monday next week"

(I'm afraid I can't reduce the size of my flower pictures to post them .....if anyone else has pictures, please have a go!)
PeterB
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by PeterB »

Geoff. Thanks for your organisation and hospitality. We enjoyed the walk and lunch very much, especially meeting everyone. Look forward to joining you in September when we are next in Portugal. Peter and Jill.