Recce walk : Saturday 23 February 2019 . Moinha de Roche.

The ad hoc walking group
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Recce walk : Saturday 23 February 2019 . Moinha de Roche.

Post by Geoff »

We have recently explored a new track, but I need to be sure how it links in with the existing one we know. Should be about 2.5 hours, one longish uphill, some shorter steeper uphills, lovely views...shouldn't get lost!

As it's a recce walk, only about half-a-dozen people please.

No water crossings...though could include one if you really want!

For caffeine addicts, there isn't a cafe at the start of the walk, but there are 2 cafes on the approach road ( see below).... Cafe A Taberna Nicola on the right , or cafe Andre on the left.....I expect to be at cafe Andre about 0940, which is about 10 minutes from the start.

Degree of difficulty ( scale 1:5) : 3, Energetic.

No lunch organised , but could have a beer/coffee at O Tasco after ( or even lunch!).....or Honey Cafe is about 5 mins drive ( wrong direction though) for nice tostas...

Directions: From Lagoa, turn left on the N125 and go past the turn-off for Alvor. After a few hundred yards, there is a BP station on your right and a road signposted " Senhora do Verde, Vidigal, Casais, Alcalar, Torre" : turn right here. IF you go past the Hotal Penina on your left, you have gone too far
Go up this road ( M532). After going through a single lane tunnel and after about another 1/4 mile, make sure you follow the road bending left signed Alcalar ; do NOT go straight on.
You should then soon be crossing the motorway. Carry on, passing A Taberna Nicola cafe on your right, and Cafe Andre a bit later on your left. Carry on past O Tasco, on the left. Just past O Tasco, bear left and follow the Monchique sign. About 5 minutes after O Tasco, you will see a building on the right that used to be a cafe .

The road swings sharp left here over a bridge ( signposted Montes de Cima, Marmalete, Casais ) : park by the side of the road.

Map reference : 37°14'07.7"N ,8°35'29.3"W....or 37.2358634 N, 8.5955577W

Usual caveats: all walks are at your own risk, and we do not walk if it is pouring with rain.....I will endeavour to put any cancellation note on this site by 0800 on the day of the walk.

Walking boots/stout trainers , walking pole(s), hats and water recommended. No charge, of course.

Any questions , please ask below or PM me or ring 282 380015 preferably between 1800-1900.

Numbers will be limited, so it is essential to respond below if you want to come.
etsac
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Recce walk : Saturday 23 February 2019 . Moinha de Roche.

Post by etsac »

Hello Geoff.
Please include us.
Trish and Alan
KenC
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by KenC »

Hi Geoff. Sue and I would like to join you for the walk.
Lowthian
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Lowthian »

Hi Geoff please include Colin & Sharon.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Beautiful day, nice coffee in sun at Andre's, very good walk, didn't get lost...found a new Monday walk! All had beers/coffees/tostas at Honey Cafe after.
Excellent time.
2 h 25 m
10kms.

Here's the intrepid band:
Image00001.jpg
Image00001.jpg (247.7 KiB) Viewed 2962 times