Recce walk : tuesday 20 March 2018 : Funcho & beyond

The ad hoc walking group
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Recce walk : tuesday 20 March 2018 : Funcho & beyond

Post by Geoff »

Yes, today...ridiculously short notice BUT the sun shines!

We did this walk a couple of weeks ago, but it was only 1 h 45 m....I need to find another 30-45. Only ned a few hearty souls to keep me company as Sue is at yoga.

It is ESSENTIAL that you indicate below if you can .

Degree of difficulty : Grade 3 Energetic

Duration about 2 hours 30 mins

Start : 1000

GPS : 37.2763705,-8.3168605,605

Directions: there are 2 different ways of getting to the start, depending on whether you want/need a coffee as there is no cafe at the start of the walk.

Option 1 : The direct way...and the easiest

Drive from CVO to Silves, go over the bridge and turn right and follow the N124 for about 7 kms until you see a turning on the left signposted "Barragem do Arade 3 kms".......the signpost is in a small triangular traffic island, which has a large palm tree on it.

CONTINUE on the N124 for almost 7km , passing signs for Nora and Benaciate (on the right) and Torres/Corte (on your left).

Continue and turn left at the sign " Vale de Fuzeiros and Amorosa".

Drive through Amarosa and follow signs to " Passadeuos, Pedreiras, Vale de Fuzeiros".

Go through the hamlet of Pedreiras , ignore the turning on the left to Vale Fuzeiros.

You then should shortly cross a bridge over the Funcho : park at the end on the left.

Option 2 : The indirect way.

Drive from CVO to Silves, go over the bridge and turn right and follow the N124 for about 7 kms until you see a turning on the left signposted "Barragem do Arade 3 kms".......the signpost is in a small triangular traffic island, which has a large palm tree on it.

Drive in the direction of the Barragem for 1km when there is a cafe on the left ( A Rainha): turn right, signposted Canestros and Gregorios.

Drive through both Canestros and Gregarios for 3kms then make a sharp left turn, almost doubling back on yourself.

Drive for 2kms until you come to a T junction at the top of the hill, turn right and drive about 1km to the village : the Casa da Vinha cafe/restaurant will be on the right hand side.

I am not organising any lunch.

Walking boots/stout trainers recommended and walking poles.

Usual caveats - all walks are at your own risk

Geoff
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Recce walk : tuesday 20 March 2018 : Funcho & beyond

Post by Geoff »

Well, no one managed to accompany me at short notice, but i found another 20 mins of walk, a trig point...and a very flooded river. Coped with a quick shower, otherwise sunny & beautiful.

The extra bit was quite steep...certainly a grade 3.5 if not 4.

Also found a new potential eaterie on the main road!...8€

Gourmet volunteers?

Definitely a walk & restaurant for next season.

Geoff