WALK - MONDAY 19 DECEMBER 2016

The ad hoc walking group
Linda and Russell
CVO Master
CVO Master

WALK - MONDAY 19 DECEMBER 2016

Post by Linda and Russell »

RIBBA A TORRINHA, on the way to Monchique. Distance 10kms, approximately 2 1/2 hours. Meeting Point: Café Casa De Pasto Riba E Serra Time: 10am
Russell and Linda have volunteered to guide this NEW walk. There are a couple of steep climbs, and one short steep descent, therefore it is a grade 3 walk.
This is in very picturesque countryside in a remote area. There are beehives in the area and we have to walk close to one group of hives. The usual Geoff rules apply, wear suitable footwear, walk at your own risk etc. If you would like to join us please add your name below. Directions to meeting point: Follow the N125 towards Portimao then turn off and follow the signs for Monchique. At the roundabout take the left turning for Monchique (N266). At the village of Rasmalho you will see the Café Casa De Pasto Riba E Serra on your left. Park on the right-hand side of the road, opposite the café. The café is open for coffee and they also do a very traditional Portuguese lunch for anyone who wishes to join us after the walk. We will drive up to the starting point of the walk which is around 3/4kms further along near the brown sign on the right Riba A Torrinha.
The phone contact on the day will be 0044 7960552618.
Linda and Russell
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: WALK - MONDAY 19 DECEMBER 2016

Post by Linda and Russell »

This walk is going ahead tomorrow. Richard and Gerry will be joining us. So if anyone else has been hanging back you are welcome to join us.
Remington
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Remington »

Russell,

At bit weather and car dependant but will join is practicable.

Remington
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Sounds like a very select group...hope you had a good walk & the new lunch venue worked well....
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Linda reports :

"Another fantastic day out walking at Ribba A Torrinha with amazing weather. There were 8 of us:
Linda, Russell, Paul, Janette, Gerry, Richard, Remington and Geraldine. No dogs to be seen this week.

The sun beat down at 18C allowing us to enjoy the beautiful landscape at the top of the steep hill.
We all completed the 8.17 kms in 2 hours.

Six of us enjoyed an even better lunch than last week at Casa De Pasto Riba E Serra. Set meal with pudding, wine and water 8.50 euros
and excellent service yet again. Pigs cheeks, chicken, fish or mixed grill.

Afterwards, 4 of us went and did the Isola Rosario walk, Linda, Russell, Gerry and Richard, an extra 6kms."

Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Thanks to eRichard's help , I have now managed to get all the group in the photos, not just 4.....but no one else had commented, so was the problem only on my computer? If anyone else had seen only part of the group, please would you let me know?

Question for Linda , Russell & Group.....what was Grade of Difficulty...2 or 3 or???
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by bruce »

I cant see any photos just says 'image' x 3
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

I cant see any photos just says 'image' x 3
Curious...they look OK to me....wonder what others can see?
KenC
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by KenC »

I can see all three in full Geoff.
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by bruce »

I can see them now!
Remington
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Remington »

Hi Russell and Linda,

Thanks for a most enjoyable walk. How was the lunch? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Remington
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Hi Remington
How was the lunch?
As Linda said above : " Six of us enjoyed an even better lunch than last week at Casa De Pasto Riba E Serra. Set meal with pudding, wine and water 8.50 euros and excellent service yet again. Pigs cheeks, chicken, fish or mixed grill."