Degree of difficulty ( scale 1 to 5 ) : 2.5 Moderate/ Energetic
A lovely walk in the hills behind Silves , moderate ascents and descents , lovely views. Just over 2 hours.
Directions:From CVO, go over Silves bridge and right on N124 for about 4kms, driving past 2 cafes, one called " Casa de Pasta a Norinha" and one " A Coriana" , both on the left hand side of the road.
Turn left along an unmarked road, almost opposite some abandoned blue and white domed buildings. Cafe Elias is about 100m on the left : park opposite.
Start :10.00 am.
Wear stout trainers/walking boots....a walking pole would be useful. Sunhats hopefully recommended, but some wet weather gear might come in handy.
Please note that the walk will be cancelled of the weather is poor. I shall put a note on this website at about 0830 that morning, 0900 at the latest.
All walks at your own risk.
There is no charge.
Please indicate below if you are intending to come. The walks last year were rather congested and we had to limit numbers to 20.
Any questions, ring 282 380015, between 8.00 am and 9.00am or after 6pm ....but not before 29 October.
PS This walk is now closed as we have enough people.
See you in November.
Ian and Margaret
Mary and Paddy Perry
Louise & John
- CVO Oracle
- Posts: 5505
- Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:35 am
- Location: Wroxham, Norfolk/ Vale de Centiannes
We will be with you on the 9th, probably +2
Tell Sue that her 'Personal Shopper' is back'
.....welcome....and I hope you brought some dry weather with you, we are growing webbed feet!We're back!
we now have over 20 , so walk is closed.
and sharp eyed Julia spotted 2 deer in the distance, a first!
Walk took about 2 h 20 mins with some debate that it was more " 3 energetic" than "2 moderate" but i still think its 2.5! for reference, the scale I use is :
1. Easy......predominently flat ....eg Alvor Boardwalk or Ile de Rosario ( round the lavada)
2. Moderate.....some hills, generally firm ground eg Pocco Barrata or Ile de Rosario ( over the top)
3. Energetic......some steep hills, often with loose scree eg Pedreira Trig Point
4. Strenuous........steep hills, often with loose scree eg Enxerim or Aguas Bellas
5. Challenging....steeper hills, often loose scree, quite long .....I know one, but have never done it with the CVO Ramblers...volunteers?
Some refreshed outside:
and some in the cool inside;