Quiz night

Top 10 pages, Organise Get-Togethers and community events. Check the CVO Ramblers walking group. Food recipes & golf news.
zinktrumpet
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Quiz night

Post by zinktrumpet »

Theres a quiz night happening at MaJas restaurant on Saturday night 9th May, should be fun. :lol:

I use to go down the local when I lived in the UK and do the quiz nights, then it got a bit out of hand when it got popular with the saddo`s who took it all too seriously, but it was fun watching them arguing with the quiz master

" I think you will find that the answer I gave for question 6 is in fact the correct answer, the source of the river Rhine is the Rheinwaldhorn Glacier in the northern region of Berneroberland. Switzerland is far too broader answer"

"Nobhead" someone shouts from the bar

Made me laugh it did.
SJ & RE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Quiz night

Post by SJ & RE »

God luck Ma Jas for the evening entertainment and evertything you do as always :D :lol: .

God how I wish I was well enough to come out and see you all and have a few drinks n dinner to tickle my taste buds. Well I supose I can dream from the bed with yet another diazapam. Once I am better and we have left the farm and money has been sorted, I promise you, you will be one of the unfortunates that we will descend upon first, in order to feel back where we belong, in sunny beautiful CVO. :D :D
greenpooble
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by greenpooble »

Quiz night eh? Should be interesting.

Actually the Rhine is not called the Rhine when it begins it's 1300 kilometer journey from it's source to the North sea, the principle and lesser headstreams are called the Vorderrhein and Hinterrhein high up in the Swiss Mountains, then the two sources unite to form the Alpenrhein before flowing into Lake Constance, and when it flows out of Lake Constance towards the Rhinefalls at Schaffhausen, it becomes the Rhine, as we know it!, but yes it's source is in Switzerland!!

See you at Ma-Ja's on the 9th then!
zinktrumpet
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by zinktrumpet »

See what I mean, Saddo! :D
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by laserblazer »

And there was me thinking it was the crunchy bit on bacon!
greenpooble
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by greenpooble »

zinktrumpet wrote:See what I mean, Saddo! :D
Well really!! I suppose it's marginally better than nobhead though!
zinktrumpet wrote: "Nobhead" someone shouts from the bar