Elle & ella

fmm
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Elle & ella

Post by fmm »

hedley wrote:It always puzzles me why people jump on a post.

I am sure Joanne had a perfectly pleasant evening at E + E, we will visit two or three times at least when i come to CVO next week for our annual visit.It is our Fav resto as well.

We all have our Favs dont we.It is horses for courses.

We always receive good service and are welcomed year on year.Although i do hope the slightly Brusque waiter from last year has moved on :wink:

How is the team made up this year.Is Kimmy back front of house?
The whole point of a forum is so that EVERYONE can express their views - and when this relates to a restaurant where people go to spend money, then I, for one, appreciate hearing both the positives and the negatives. :roll:

I did not criticise Joanne for being a bad person, her choice of restaurant or her life style. I simnply gave MY views on the restaurant having been tempted each year to try it again by the positive type of review, and being disappointed by the quality and saying I will never go there again!

If you go to Cvo once a year and spend at least 3 evenings in this restaurant, you are missing out on several very good eating experiences :D
hedley
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by hedley »

fmm wrote:
hedley wrote:It always puzzles me why people jump on a post.

I am sure Joanne had a perfectly pleasant evening at E + E, we will visit two or three times at least when i come to CVO next week for our annual visit.It is our Fav resto as well.

We all have our Favs dont we.It is horses for courses.

We always receive good service and are welcomed year on year.Although i do hope the slightly Brusque waiter from last year has moved on :wink:

How is the team made up this year.Is Kimmy back front of house?
The whole point of a forum is so that EVERYONE can express their views - and when this relates to a restaurant where people go to spend money, then I, for one, appreciate hearing both the positives and the negatives. :roll:

I did not criticise Joanne for being a bad person, her choice of restaurant or her life style. I simnply gave MY views on the restaurant having been tempted each year to try it again by the positive type of review, and being disappointed by the quality and saying I will never go there again!

If you go to Cvo once a year and spend at least 3 evenings in this restaurant, you are missing out on several very good eating experiences :D

Nothing personal meant to you or Hampshire Rich and i totally agree we all have our opinions and favourites and long may it continue :D Hence 'horses for courses'.

I just dont like the use of :roll: unless it is warranted.But that is only my personal opinion.

I have been visiting CVO for over 12 years and have tried many many restaurants.It is hard to have a really really terrible experience in most of the areas restaurants but we humans tend to be creatures of habit :wink:
joanne
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joanne »

Been to America for 3 weeks, so that why I been slow on the reply, I agree we all have our favs, I do go in a lot, so maybe thats why we get the odd drink on the House....When was last there it is still Cloudio and a couple of other Waiters, nice new one called David, Theresa hurt her back, so has not been in, still Harold and Junior cooking so still good food (in my humble opinion) After the crap food we have been dished up over the last 3 weeks, Carveiro food is very good.
CM
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by CM »

My first visit in about a year and it was good, I know they are in their money making time but they did present me with the bill before I had asked for it!!! that was my only complaint
kennycapes
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by kennycapes »

We hadnt been for a couple of years and it was great. Grate quality food and friendly staff.

Will go back next year
jimmyp
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by jimmyp »

Hi

Got to put my oar in! Just back and ate at e&e 4 times. Every course of every meal was excellent - a bit different and never a thought to have to season any of the dishes. Again as regulars over the years perhaps we are biased but the only other restaurant that comes close in my humble opinion is O Farol - Although the new Primavera and Villa Medici deserve honourable mentions!

J