vila medici -

elite
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

vila medici -

Post by elite »

Last night tried a new restaurant in town .
Its called vila medici .on the top of the rua do farol.
Long time ago it was a restaurant owned by I beleive finnish people and shut down some time now.
The new people rebuild it and it is lovely...
One of the owners is Domingos , who used to work at O castelo, very professional guy.
Staff very friendly and helpfull, food perfect.
worth every euro...
Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Lesley Jean »

:lol: Hi, sorry for being dim, where abouts is this restaurant. Always like to try new places.
kteee

Post by kteee »

It's on the right hand side, at the top of Estrada do Farol, near Primavera and opposite A Marisqueira.

We went just over a week ago, but am afraid we weren't overly impressed.
Adambsmith
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Adambsmith »

Quite enjoyed our trip in June 2005. Pizza was lovely.

Soured by an incorrect bill which might (and I stress might) have been an attempt to extract a further 12 euros from us.
amo
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by amo »

I was not impressed by Villa Medici - the portions were tiny and not anything special and we had to get chips to eat afterwards as we were still hungry! the service was very good and the setting is lovely but for the money you spend there you could go somewhere else and spend the same for larger helpings!!
Peter Belinfante

Post by Peter Belinfante »

amo wrote:I was not impressed by Villa Medici - the portions were tiny and not anything special and we had to get chips to eat afterwards as we were still hungry! the service was very good and the setting is lovely but for the money you spend there you could go somewhere else and spend the same for larger helpings!!
See my posting at "Food".
bifas 1st darling!
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by bifas 1st darling! »

think Biffa went there before he went off to Armação de Pera for his holiday, what ya think Biffa?
dan&mary
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Villa Medici

Post by dan&mary »

Just back from Carvoeiro - tried Villa Medici on three occasions and on each occasion, the food was perfect - large cutlets of salmon - sufficent veg. etc. The service perhaps was not up to scratch on occasions but we would have to rate this restaurant very highly.

D&M
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Given that I agree totally with the prolific other posts from dan&mary (thanks!) on other restaurants, I guess this is one I must try - Haven't been there yet.

Anybody know if they do a good vegetarian option (no fish) ?

I'll try it regardless. Its just that if they do a good veggie, I'll take my wife;, if they do not, I'll take my mistress :wink:
Roger Alvorada
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Roger Alvorada »

I have been there on two occasions in July and relatives of mine went last last night and the night before and we both were very satified.

The place looks excellent, very modern and with an open kitchen and everything. The terrace in the back is very large and it looks amazing.

They take good care of families with young children because the got a corner especially for young children to sit down and to play, they also have toys for the children.

The place is indeed partially owned and managed by Domingos, the old owner of O Castelo and one thing is for sure.. He is a professional alright.. If you need anything during your visit there just ask for him.

The food is lovely..

In short, worth a visit!!

grtz

Roger A.
mollo
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by mollo »

we went to villa meddici in august .
The food was up to scratch but the waiters were not on the ball
Roger Alvorada
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Roger Alvorada »

Dear Mollo,

What exactly was not o.k....?
Furthermore, did you speak with Domingos, the manager about this?

Regards,

Roger A.
beekeeper
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: vila medici -

Post by beekeeper »

We went there on 11th September, service was good and quick, food hot but piri prawns not much piri and paying 11 euros for house wine is ajoke, and complaining did no good, doesnt really live up to its prices better value elsewhere

[quote]Last night tried a new restaurant in town .
Its called vila medici .on the top of the rua do farol.
Long time ago it was a restaurant owned by I beleive finnish people and shut down some time now.
The new people rebuild it and it is lovely...
One of the owners is Domingos , who used to work at O castelo, very professional guy.
Staff very friendly and helpfull, food perfect.
worth every euro...[/quote]
Marco van der Voort
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Marco van der Voort »

Dear Beekeeper,

No offense but if you enter a restaurant you can always check out the menu and winelist first...

If you think it's too expensive than don't eat there...
If there is not enough piri piri in your prawns than ask for more...

Kind regards

Marco van der Voort
dan&mary
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Vila Medici

Post by dan&mary »

Have to say that when we went there the food was fantastic - as I said previously - the service was perhaps a bit slow - but hey - we were on hols. Always ordered better than the house white and was never disappointed - in fact I received several compliments from the wife on my choice - which made for a BETTER night!!!!!! :lol:

Dan&mary