restaurants out of CVO

Kym Tobie
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

restaurants out of CVO

Post by Kym Tobie »

We have always stayed in CVO. This year we are staying in Alcalar which is near Portimao. Can anyone suggest any restaurants in Alcalar as have never been there!
bifas 1st darling!
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by bifas 1st darling! »

Oh, there's a really good one there, but I can't remember the name sorry :cry: They do the most amazing duck with orange sauce, I'll try and find out for y :D ou
nicky246
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by nicky246 »

There's always the Village Inn in Mexilhoeira da Carregaceo or a couple in Ferragudo.
N
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

Alcalar

Post by biffa »

Is the restaurant there called Amadeus? Little bit pretentious when I was last there but food not bad.
Kym Tobie
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Kym Tobie »

We have been to the Village Inn and we really enjoyed it there. I loved all the mis-matched cutlery, crockery and napkin rings!!
Milo
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

restaurants in alcalar

Post by Milo »

Lovely restaurante called Fonte de Pedra (tel. 282 471 034) closed Wednesdays and Thursdays, music on Fridays and Sundays. Very good food at very reasonable prices. There is a bar also if you don't want to eat.

Totally agree about Amadeus. Bit of a rip off. Not sure if it's been taken over as haven't been for some time now (shows how an impression it made!).

Another one believe called Farelo do sol!! Sorry if I've got this wrong but there are sign posts for it. Very good if you are adventurous with food. Owner very knowledgeable re wines.

If you want cheap there is another restaurant (again not sure of name) but go straight down road from Penina towards Alcalar and Moragado golf course. Before turn off on right for golf course, restaurant on left.

Penina is also good for food. Sagres is buffet restaurant, more posh is Grill and in summer there is another restaurant over looking pool.

Please try Portuguese restaurants above all else. These little places are gems. Excellent food and the prices are a joke.

Bon apetite and if you need more, I'll try and find out on my next visit. : :D
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Hi Milo
Where is Fonte de Pedra Please?

Tricky
Milo
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Milo »

Hi Tricky

Fonte de Pedra - Along N125 towards hotel Penina (Alvor) - just before, turn right towards Alcalar - follow the road quite a way passing Monte Judeu and Serra e Mar on right - keep going you will pass road on left showing of all things a sign for a Strip Club (yes in the middle of nowhere) and the other restaurant Farelo do sol (?) - go on a bit further passing Andreas bar on left and you will reach a crossroads - Amadeus on right - turn left for Fonte de Pedra and it's just on your left.

Advisable to book. If you do go, hope you enjoy it but if not - well that's another one you've tried!!

Just remembered name of the other cheaper restaurant opposite road to Moragado colf course - O Tasco (cheap and cheerful):D
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Thanks Milo

We will certainly give it a try, its always nice to try new places, and hey!
if it doesn't work out, its always an experience :D

Tricky
Mag
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Mag »

I am going back at least 10 -15 years, but there used to be a really lovely restaurant out in a forest somewhere behind Lagos - I think near to Barao de Sao Joao. It was run by a very nice American/Canadian lady. You literally had to go along a forest track to get to it. We were recommended to it, but wouldn't have a clue how to find it now. Does anybody know if it is still there and what it is called?