O Simplicico

Penny

O Simplicico

Post by Penny »

Can anyone tell me where this restaurant is and how good it is. What sort of food do they serve? Prices?? Some friends of ours went there this year when they visited CV and mentioned the name.
SAM SPARKLE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by SAM SPARKLE »

Penny, its out Vale del Rei direction, about 10 minutes drive from CVO, but not sure its worth the trouble, last meal I had there was very average.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

They're advertising in FreeMap, with pretty good driving instructions. We ate there late this summer and quite liked it - even though it was less than half full. Sort of Portugese with Canadian influence. Some interesting dishes on the menu cooked in the wood oven (whatever that is), but require 24-48 hours notice and min of 4 persons. Also vegetarian friendly.
pedro
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by pedro »

8) I went there about 2 months ago they changed owner, in my opinion its much better now, real 8) tradicional portuguese food, no canadian influence, have a try. :arrow:
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Agree Pedro. :wink:

We also went again last week. The menu only shows 4 main meat dishes and 4 main fish dishes. Starters were just brought to the table - one after the other - sort of Tapas style. All excellent. In fact, we enjoyed the "tasters" even more than the main course, and completely missed any desert. And they created a Vegie platter that was beautifully presented and (I'm told) very tasty too.

Recommended. If you can find it !
Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Lesley Jean »

:lol: A deffinate yes to this one now, as said before it is under new ownership and has improved greatly. lovely food and good atmosphere.
It is on the road that bisects the Benagil road and the Lagoa road that brigs you in to the Faticil. Orange/terracotta coloured place on the roadside.
rochagrande
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

POPPYS

Post by rochagrande »

OSimplico, now called Poppys. under new management. went last week, great food, new decor. well worth a visit. Excellent !
Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Lesley Jean »

:lol: Thanks for the information, will try it later this month as it is literally just round the corner from our Quinta. Nice to have a good local restaurant.