Bom Bordo

biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

Bom Bordo

Post by biffa »

OK!

Has ANYONE ever eaten at Bom Bordo? It is the sister restaurant to Cafe Ciclo in Lagoa which is always buzzing (lunchtime anyway) but no one ever mentions Bom Bordo!
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

Bom Bordo

Post by biffa »

Obviously NOT! :(
Mike,Chislehurst
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Mike,Chislehurst »

Just got back yesterday and "just" noticed this restaraunt on the way to O Cantino. It was not busy and can only attribute this to the lack of outside advertising. If it's as a good quality restaraunt which you believe it is. Down to marketing I think but will try next time for sure. Thanks for the tip.
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

Bom Bordo

Post by biffa »

Hi Mike

Never eaten there myself and don't know anyone that has! It is presumably "very" Portuguese like O CICLO but that is no bad thing in Carvoeiro.

Will have to give it a try and report back. Just waiting for Gambrinus "whip round" to take effect :)
kteee

Post by kteee »

I spoke to a couple a few weeks ago who had eaten there and thought it was great!
SAM SPARKLE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by SAM SPARKLE »

Am surprised not many people seem to have eaten here, I usually go at least once on my visits and can recommend it. Never had a bad meal.
bifas 1st darling!
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by bifas 1st darling! »

Yipeee, you can take us here after the Thai dinner, he, he, he :P :P :P
bica
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by bica »

We ate there on Tuesday night and the place was busy. It is a good quality family run restaurant typical of the type that you would find in any Portuguese town.

The atmosphere and service were both good and friendy. It has a varied Portuguese menu as opposed to the 'international cuisine' offered by many of the food outlets in CVO.

I can reccomend the Feijoada do Mar. The prices are also reasonable compared to many of the other restaurants.

Give it a try I think you will enjoy your visit :D
Graham L
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Graham L »

Sounds interesting.
Can you give us the address and exact location please?
Thanks
G
bica
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by bica »

Graham -

Restaurante Bom-Bordo
Estrada do Farol Ed. 2 M

Tel 282 356 985

In other words it is on the right hand side going up 'restaurant hill' roughly on the opposite side of the road to Casa Algarvia .

By the way forgot to say they will also do a cataplana for one, quite often it is for two only.

Give it a try next time you'r over

b
Barry
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Barry »

Bica, we have never tried this one, and will be over at the end of next week. Will give it a try, especially since no doubt many of the restaurants will still be closed. Any comments on others which are still open?
Barry
bica
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by bica »

Barry

At a rough guess I would say on any one night about 1/2 of them in CVO itself are open, so you should find something to suit you. I had a good Bife a Portuguesa at O Tasco recently. This is further up Estrada do Farol on the left hand side and there are previous reviews in this section. have a good time the weather is still good

b
Barry
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Barry »

Thanks, bica, at least we will be able eat out. Now just need the weather to hold.
bica
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by bica »

Barry

Worry not it will stay ok

b :lol:
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

Bom Bordo

Post by biffa »

Finally ate there! Very good but closed now until 7th March I think. Reasonable prices and good Portuguese food - like its sister Café Ciclo in Lagoa