Dos Santos Craft Beer

scoge
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Dos Santos Craft Beer

Post by scoge »

Anyone visited and tried their food and beers? I have emailed them and they are hoping to get some distribution to some local bars in the next few weeks. 7 years ago I started a thread about real ale in CVO, so I really wish them well in their new venture.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Dos Santos Craft Beer

Post by smudger »

Been twice and tried their beers, wine and on one occasion had some food. Advertises as tapas Though I had a sirloin steak cooked exactly the way I asked for it. The side portions of sweet potato fries and ordinary fries are enough for two people. We ordered one of each for 4 of us and there was plenty!!
I do know a CVO bar owner has been to visit and discuss a “business opportunity”.
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by algarve123 »

We went earlier in the week and were really impressed. First off the setting is stunning. It overlooks the farm they have planted and is a really beautiful place to sit. The restaurant, bar and shop are all very tastefully finished. We tried the lager and ale and had some lunch. I am no great connoisseur of real ale or craft beers but having tasted plenty in the past what we had here seemed superb to me. The food was absolutely delicious, the burger they do is enough to feed a family of 5 :D but on a serious note, it was absolutely gorgeous and beautifully presented. The board of cheeses/meats was also fabulous. I agree also that the side portions are a really good size. All the people working there were super friendly and overall it was just a great way to spend an afternoon, will definitely be returning. Many congrats to this great new venture!
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

I agree with the views of algarve123 but feel they are making a mistake by calling their food 'tapas'.

They are actually further described as 'sharing plates' which creates a problem if you go alone and just want a beer (the honey flavour is particularly good !) and a snack, or if two people do not want the same dish.

If they did tapas as originally defined together with full plates for one, with their quality and service they would be one of our top eateries.
Polly
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Polly »

Hi, what is the location of this place.
Regards
Polly
scoge
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by scoge »

The address is: Rua do Pestana Golf 1, Carvoeiro 8400-553

Just by the Gramacho golf course and Vale DoOlivieras Resort.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@37.12163 ... 1983,17.2z

Not sure if the above Google Maps link will work.

Getting fab reviews on Trip Advisor - 22 to date att very positive. Can't wait to try for myself in a couple of weeks time.

[url]https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Show ... garve.html[/url]
Polly
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Polly »

Thank you for your reply.
Regards.
Polly
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Polly wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:08 pm Hi, what is the location of this place.
Regards
Polly
Follow the signs for Vale d'Oliverais, brewery is about 500m before entrance to VdO.
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by algarve123 »

roy4eyes wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:38 pm I agree with the views of algarve123 but feel they are making a mistake by calling their food 'tapas'.

They are actually further described as 'sharing plates' which creates a problem if you go alone and just want a beer (the honey flavour is particularly good !) and a snack, or if two people do not want the same dish.

If they did tapas as originally defined together with full plates for one, with their quality and service they would be one of our top eateries.
Yes, I agree 100% Roy. We were a little surprised when the menus were brought to us as we were expecting tapas. What we had was perfect but we did leave wondering if they maybe do tapas in the evening and if it was a lunch menu we had. Bu as I said, we really really enjoyed it and will for sure be returning!