Vale de milo/lamb chops

alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Vale de milo/lamb chops

Post by alf1956 »

I was wonderingif anybody has tried the lamb chops at Vale de milo restaraunt ? I overheard a gentleman telling somebody how good they were. I have tried the lamb chops at various place & have yet to find a place that them that are reasonably thick & plentiful & i would welcome any recommendations.
madaboutangling
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Vale de milo/lamb chops

Post by madaboutangling »

My favourite for lamb chops is Jardel de Faro outside Rocha Brava. You get lots of tasty chops with friendly service in a traditional restaurant. You can finish with their great creme caramel.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

Thanks for that madaboutangling as you have sold me on that place with one ofmy favourite sweets,creme caramel.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

[quote="madaboutangling"]My favourite for lamb chops is Jardel de Faro outside Rocha Brava. You get lots of tasty chops with friendly service in a traditional restaurant. You can finish with their great creme caramel.[/quote
Hello, could you tell me exactly where this place is please as i am going to give it a whirl
steve
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by steve »

It is called Jardim do Farol (garden of the lighthouse) and it is on the right just past the entrance to Rocha Brava as you head towards Clube Atlantico from Carvoeiro.It was a favourite of mine for many years but I have to confess that I have not been for some time
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

alf1956 wrote:I was wonderingif anybody has tried the lamb chops at Vale de milo restaraunt ? I overheard a gentleman telling somebody how good they were. I have tried the lamb chops at various place & have yet to find a place that them that are reasonably thick & plentiful & i would welcome any recommendations.
My wife has them all the time at Vale do Milho and says they are the best but she also has them at Maxims and says the same, I guess both are good.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

steve wrote:It is called Jardim do Farol (garden of the lighthouse) and it is on the right just past the entrance to Rocha Brava as you head towards Clube Atlantico from Carvoeiro.It was a favourite of mine for many years but I have to confess that I have not been for some time
Thanks Steve
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

logicbob wrote:
alf1956 wrote:I was wonderingif anybody has tried the lamb chops at Vale de milo restaraunt ? I overheard a gentleman telling somebody how good they were. I have tried the lamb chops at various place & have yet to find a place that them that are reasonably thick & plentiful & i would welcome any recommendations.
My wife has them all the time at Vale do Milho and says they are the best but she also has them at Maxims and says the same, I guess both are good.
Thanks logicbob.
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by ceh »

OH swears by the lamb chops at Lamims in Lagoa. We were recently in Zante and he tried the lamb chops in a restaurant in trepidation but said no contest!
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

ceh wrote:OH swears by the lamb chops at Lamims in Lagoa. We were recently in Zante and he tried the lamb chops in a restaurant in trepidation but said no contest!
Thanks for that i may try Lamins, could you expalin where it is please?
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

Went to Vale de Milo last night to try the lamb chops & i was so looking forward to having them, sorry sir we dont have any lamb chops! Gutted is an undersatement, i had the pork steak & that was very good & also the staff were excellent so i will be defo going again.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

alf1956 in the interests of your pursuits of good lamb chops my wife has just tried them in Ponto do Contro and says they are good.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

logicbob wrote:alf1956 in the interests of your pursuits of good lamb chops my wife has just tried them in Ponto do Contro and says they are good.
Thanks logicbob, please tell me where this place is !
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by ceh »

alf1956- Lamims is in a street off the square in Lagoa where Chrissys and the municipal market is. Face Chrissy and take the next narrow street to the left of it.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

logicbob wrote:alf1956 in the interests of your pursuits of good lamb chops my wife has just tried them in Ponto do Contro and says they are good.
Alf, I was sending this on my phone sorry it is Ponto De Encontro it is on the ADM estate, look on the map for location.

Carvoeiro Restaurants