Pashmina indian restaraunt

Please also see www.eatalgarve.com

Moderators: e-richard, kteee, Gambrinus

Pashmina indian restaraunt

Postby alf1956 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:53 am

We had a take away from the Pashmina last night & it was excellent, we will defo be going for a meal there when we return. The place looked quite full when we walked past a few nights ago & looks to be well decorated etc. the place has some glowing reviews on the facebook Carvoeiro form.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Pashmina indian restaraunt

Postby roy4eyes » Sat May 27, 2017 10:00 pm

We went there tonight and were very impressed. More upmarket than the other Indian restaurants in CVO and slightly more expensive - but well worth it !!

Although our meals were very flavoursome with obviously fresh spices used the curry index is on the high side e.g. - medium is what I would call medium to hot.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Postby RichardHenshall » Sat May 27, 2017 11:49 pm

Are they related to the excellent Pashmina Restaurant in Luz (& apparently in Lagos & Sagres)? If they can maintain standards you won't be disappointed.
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Postby roy4eyes » Sun May 28, 2017 10:25 am

Yes - it was because we had been to the one in Luz that we decided to give them a try.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Postby montyperera » Tue May 30, 2017 7:41 pm

Hi, really like the look of Pashmina. Can anyone tell me, is there plenty of outdoor seating there?
montyperera
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Postby roy4eyes » Tue May 30, 2017 9:20 pm

From memory there are 3 tables with 4 seats each.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Postby mazpop » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:31 pm

I'm heading out in a few weeks. Where is this restaurant situated. Going by what your saying I need to pay it a visit.
mazpop
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Postby smudger » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:00 pm

mazpop wrote:I'm heading out in a few weeks. Where is this restaurant situated. Going by what your saying I need to pay it a visit.

Used to be Bistro 72. Heading up the 'out road' it's on right hand side about 75m past road up to Monte Dourado,
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Postby mazpop » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:02 pm

Excellent. I know exactly where it is.
Thank you
mazpop
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Postby BarryTodd » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:36 am

Seven of us had an unfortunate experience there last night. We had ours starters and then there was a very long delay before somebody finally came over and told us that the gas had stopped. A repair man was supposedly on his way so we waited, but finally gave up as there was no sign of him. The staff were visibly very embarrassed and upset. They didn't want any money for the starters and drinks that we had but we insisted on paying as it wasn't their fault that the gas stopped.
We will go back as the starters were good, the staff were very attentive and the restaurant decor was very pleasant. Oh, and the napkins were cloth and not paper which is always a good sign.
BarryTodd
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Postby CM » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:54 pm

Been twice so far, and had a home delivery from them (over 30 euros free delivery) Its spot on, don't order a rice each….one between 2/3 is plenty. Agree with Roy, mild is not that mild…medium is hotter than you would normally expect, the breads are really good.
CM
CVO Master
CVO Master

Postby Gary/Gaynor » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:33 am

I have had an excellent lunch there and also takeaway. Cannot fault this restaurant and a cut above the other Indian restaurants.
Pretty good portion sizes and tentative staff. Good house wine with their own label on. Whoever supplies their wine, wouldnt mind a cart load for myself. 5 stars from me n hub'
Gaynor
Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Postby steve » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:17 pm

Tentative staff sound better than the over attentive staff you sometimes encounter. I can't stand the Uriah Heep school of waiters who hover near your table. This restaurant does seem to be building itself a good reputation after a succession of people have failed to last at this location.
steve
CVO Master
CVO Master

Postby e-richard » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:14 pm

Anybody thinking of going between now and end of September, you'll need to book.

This is not your run of the mill high street Indian. The cooking, flavours, presentation and taste stand up to anything else in the "better cuisine" category of Carvoeiro. Do try it.
e-richard

Postby mur1963 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:25 pm

As I found out yesterday having promised my family an Indian(so I could watch the golf!) the delivery driver doesn't work Sundays - pointed out it would have been helpful to say that on their menu and got a rude response so had to go to Haweli which was good as always(but missed some good golf!)
mur1963
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Return to Restaurant reviews