Pashmina indian restaraunt

alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Pashmina indian restaraunt

Post by alf1956 »

We had a take away from the Pashmina last night & it was excellent, we will defo be going for a meal there when we return. The place looked quite full when we walked past a few nights ago & looks to be well decorated etc. the place has some glowing reviews on the facebook Carvoeiro form.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Pashmina indian restaraunt

Post by roy4eyes »

We went there tonight and were very impressed. More upmarket than the other Indian restaurants in CVO and slightly more expensive - but well worth it !!

Although our meals were very flavoursome with obviously fresh spices used the curry index is on the high side e.g. - medium is what I would call medium to hot.
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by RichardHenshall »

Are they related to the excellent Pashmina Restaurant in Luz (& apparently in Lagos & Sagres)? If they can maintain standards you won't be disappointed.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

Yes - it was because we had been to the one in Luz that we decided to give them a try.
montyperera
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by montyperera »

Hi, really like the look of Pashmina. Can anyone tell me, is there plenty of outdoor seating there?
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

From memory there are 3 tables with 4 seats each.
mazpop
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by mazpop »

I'm heading out in a few weeks. Where is this restaurant situated. Going by what your saying I need to pay it a visit.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

mazpop wrote:I'm heading out in a few weeks. Where is this restaurant situated. Going by what your saying I need to pay it a visit.
Used to be Bistro 72. Heading up the 'out road' it's on right hand side about 75m past road up to Monte Dourado,
mazpop
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by mazpop »

Excellent. I know exactly where it is.
Thank you
BarryTodd
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by BarryTodd »

Seven of us had an unfortunate experience there last night. We had ours starters and then there was a very long delay before somebody finally came over and told us that the gas had stopped. A repair man was supposedly on his way so we waited, but finally gave up as there was no sign of him. The staff were visibly very embarrassed and upset. They didn't want any money for the starters and drinks that we had but we insisted on paying as it wasn't their fault that the gas stopped.
We will go back as the starters were good, the staff were very attentive and the restaurant decor was very pleasant. Oh, and the napkins were cloth and not paper which is always a good sign.
CM
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by CM »

Been twice so far, and had a home delivery from them (over 30 euros free delivery) Its spot on, don't order a rice each….one between 2/3 is plenty. Agree with Roy, mild is not that mild…medium is hotter than you would normally expect, the breads are really good.
Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Gary/Gaynor »

I have had an excellent lunch there and also takeaway. Cannot fault this restaurant and a cut above the other Indian restaurants.
Pretty good portion sizes and tentative staff. Good house wine with their own label on. Whoever supplies their wine, wouldnt mind a cart load for myself. 5 stars from me n hub'
Gaynor
steve
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by steve »

Tentative staff sound better than the over attentive staff you sometimes encounter. I can't stand the Uriah Heep school of waiters who hover near your table. This restaurant does seem to be building itself a good reputation after a succession of people have failed to last at this location.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Anybody thinking of going between now and end of September, you'll need to book.

This is not your run of the mill high street Indian. The cooking, flavours, presentation and taste stand up to anything else in the "better cuisine" category of Carvoeiro. Do try it.
mur1963
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by mur1963 »

As I found out yesterday having promised my family an Indian(so I could watch the golf!) the delivery driver doesn't work Sundays - pointed out it would have been helpful to say that on their menu and got a rude response so had to go to Haweli which was good as always(but missed some good golf!)