O Tasco, Senhora do Verde - still open ?

roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

O Tasco, Senhora do Verde - still open ?

Post by roy4eyes »

This typical portuguese restaurant on the road north from Penina used to serve excellent traditional food at reasonable prices.

However I cannot now find it on tripadvisor or other restaurant pages although it is shown on the Mexilhoeira restaurant map.

Any recent visitors ?
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: O Tasco, Senhora do Verde - still open ?

Post by logicbob »

I believe there was mention of it on Facebook - Carvoeiro Forum a few days ago, I will take a look and let you know.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

We took a chance and went today for lunch. Superb as usual -javali, duck, fish, chicken, lamb for main courses + cover, starters ,dessert, wine and water under €100 for 5 people. Friendly service and everything well presented rather than just thrown on a plate.

They were appalled to hear they no longer featured on Tripadvisor whereas the Amadeus Garden which is closing shortly due to family problems is rated number 2.

For reference their number is 282 471 769 and they speak good English.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

logicbob wrote:I believe there was mention of it on Facebook - Carvoeiro Forum a few days ago, I will take a look and let you know.

I tried to find the post yesterday without much luck. Roy where is it so that I can put it on the Restaurant Map.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

Go along N125 and turn right after the BP filling station towards Torre. Continue past the Morgado winery (excellent wine with tastings and tours), over the motorway and about 2kms. after the crossroads signed Amadeus and Solar do Floral (rated number 1 by by Tripadvisor !!) you will find it on the left hand side. First signs are the vehicles in the car park opposite. Total distance from N125 is 6 kms.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

We went there with the Walking Group in November as unfortunately Amadeus Gardens had closed. They don't do their prato de dia for 12.5€ any more, it's a la carte with some resemblence to Amadeus Gardens menu...same owners I believe....good value though, think it worked out at about 16€ pp.
Only problem is an occasional very bad whiff from the loos...smells as if the U bend water trap fails!
Nice cosy fire in winter.