Restaurante O Flamingo

widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Restaurante O Flamingo

Post by widge »

Sorry to be a tad negative but, on the strength of all these recommendations, 6 of us went for dinner last week. It's ok but really nothing to get excited about. The fish soup was very average, the rump of lamb well seasoned and cooked as I like it but arrived luke warm and the service was attentive and friendly. Didn't have pud so can't comment but overall I'd rate the restaurant 6 out of 10.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

We went for dinner there on Monday evening arriving at 9.15pm & really looking forward to eating there after reading all the good reviews on this site. We had a starter & a main meal which took 2 hours for them to serve & we left at 11.20pm feeling a little disappointed that it took 1 hour per course to serve. The food was ok but not brilliant, we had for starters, tuna carpaccio which was nice & a very large portion, garlic mushrooms in Worcester sauce which were ok ish & would have been better if they were not swimming in Worcester sauce. Mains were, cod with sauté potatoes which was very nice & tropical prawns which was quite average. The staff were very friendly & helpful.
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

Flamingo has a good location, nice surroundings, and very friendly staff....all good so far....but the food was totally forgettable, and took ages to arrive
We had a most enjoyable evening, but it was all about the company, not the food.
Shame.
Mike Banks
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Mike Banks »

We tried this restaurant for the first time tonight and the meal was excellent. The menu is a little different and I was spoilt for choice. We'll definitely be going back.
matoserrao2007
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by matoserrao2007 »

We enjoyed delicious meals in O'Flamingo once again on our recent trip to Carvoeiro - already looking forward to our next visit.
dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by dennisg »

We tried this restaurant for the first time and were impressed enough to go again. The cover was excellent and we both enjoyed the fish soup, which was different from normal. I had bacalau the first time and prawns the second and greatly enjoyed both. The setting is probably the best in town (in our opinions) and we had superb service, probably because there was only a maximum of two other couples in the place at any one time. We shall certainly go back.