Best Indian restaurant?

garcia11
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Best Indian restaurant?

Post by garcia11 »

We fancy a curry before we head home on Friday - which do people rate as the best Indian restaurant in Carvoeiro?
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Best Indian restaurant?

Post by widge »

O'Indiano on restaurant hill is very good !
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by algarve123 »

widge wrote:O'Indiano on restaurant hill is very good !
I second that. Excellent food and service.
garcia11
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by garcia11 »

Thanks - only saw these replies this morning, but in the meantime had opted for O'Indiano last night. Both our meals were fine and I'd happily return. Dishes were less spicey/hot than described in my view but nice regardless.
Tony Knight
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Tony Knight »

garcia11.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your meal at Haweli O Indiano. I came on the forum this morning to recommend them but have just seen that it won't be necessary now. We go there each year (admittedly only for a takeaway) and have found the food and size of the helpings to be excellent. The staff, especially the owner, are very pleasant and we always get a warm welcome.

Tony
Murf
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Murf »

We ate in O Indiano a few weeks back for the first time, absolutely fantastic, I opted for a mild enough jalfrazi whilst my other half had the dry chicken tikka masala - the naan bread was so fresh, just out of the oven - plenty of food and not even 30 euros which included 2 glasses of wine each. On my next trip to CVO, it's the first restaurant we are going too. :D
PhilT
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by PhilT »

Not the most Portuguese environment, but works for us, especially on a one man maintenance week, when a simple take away will do two days..
Just about to do that - pity Bradys is closing..
steve
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by steve »

On Saturday we tried the Tandoori indian restaurant up the hill behind O Cantinho and were very impressed. The set menu for €12.99 included complimentary popadum, a choice of starter, rice or naan bread and a choice of main course plus a glass of wine or a beer. The portions were generous and very tasty. I do not pretend to be any real judge of indian food but my son said it was the best indian meal he had eaten in the Algarve.
tommy tunstall
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by tommy tunstall »

We tried O'Indiano last summer, and I must admit it was the most blandest and tasteless food we have encountered. We do use Indian restaurants in the UK.
Bigben
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Bigben »

The variety of comments is so interesting. Whenever I visit CVO these days, I always visit O Indiano at least once. I find the food so tasty - lovely fresh flavours and so aromatic. Customers are given the option of "spicy" or not - I always go for the spicy. I am not claiming to be any kind of expert on Indian food. Most of the places I have been to in the North-East of England are Bangladeshi, rather than Indian.

Obviously, I have not tasted every single item on the menu, but the lamb jalfrezi is what I keep returning to.

(Another couple of plus points - generous portions and very nice service.)
Raithstar
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Raithstar »

Bigben try the Lamb Karahi Gohst it is awesome .
Bigben
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Bigben »

Thanks Raithstar. Will do!! Coming to CVO in just over 2 weeks - April 13th. Really looking forward to our 8th visit in 6 years. :D