If you could choose ???

piggywidden93
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

If you could choose ???

Post by piggywidden93 »

I'm sat here at home in what I have to say is a lovely sunny Yorkshire afternoon 8) , but I would still love to be transported back to CVO.

If you could be whisked back for the day where you you go? where would you eat? and what would you order?

I would head to the square for the morning and people watch at O Barco then have a paddle in the sea. Then head up to O Jardim Do Farol for Peri Peri Chicken on the bone. Sunbathe for a few hours then dress up, park at Algar Seco and walk along the boardwalk and into town. Have a cocktail at Bar Havana before having Vegetable Tagliatelle at Villa Medici (I'm not a veggie but it is amazing). Then after having a cold Amarguinha I would be magically transported back to my lovely comfy bed in Yorkshire.

How about you? ( I have realised that mine is entirely centred around food) :oops:
dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: If you could choose ???

Post by dennisg »

piggywidden93 wrote:( I have realised that mine is entirely centred around food) :oops:
Is that why you are called piggy-something-or-other?
R.Wethereyet
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by R.Wethereyet »

For me, it would be a few pints in the Whitelocks Arms off Briggate, wander round to Nash's Fish restaurant for the best fish and chips anywhere, sorry Libbe, and then stroll up to the Merrion Centre for a great night out at Cinderella, Rockerfella's.

Damn, I just got transported back to Leeds in the seventies. Happy days.

Now I have to put up with living in Carvoeiro, with a night in A Boa Vida, then fish and chips in Happy's, then erm!!!!! oh, no night clubs - too old anyway, so a few more in A Boa Vida listening to Motown and Northern Soul.

Even happier days.

At least I centred around food AND drink.
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

I would have soft boiled eggs and toast in my sunny garden in Cvo. Then if it was a Saturday go to the market in silves and stop for a coffe. If not, I'd drive over to ferragudo and sit in the square. I'd have lunch at home and in the late afternoon have a stroll around Carvoeiro and stop for a drink. Dinner would be from a choice of three favourite restaurants. Vila nova in Carvoeiro, or f du mondo or Velho Nuevo in ferragudo
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Morning coffee and cake in Ferragudo square.
A wander down back alley, antique shop, art gallery (if open).
Lunch at Escondidinho on Praia Grande Beach, Ferragudo.
An afternoon of strolling about Carvoeiro having refreshments along the way (Hemmies, Metabixio)
Dinner in A Fonte.
After dinner cocktails in Bar Havana
One for the road in Roundup.

That would be day one, day two would involve similar activities but different venues!!
American Pie
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by American Pie »

Seems like you are all 'Dreamers'. CVO is a great place but I find being there for two is long enough for me. Just got back and had a great time but its nice to come home.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

American Pie wrote:Seems like you are all 'Dreamers'. CVO is a great place but I find being there for two is long enough for me. Just got back and had a great time but its nice to come home.
I live these 'dreams' regularly. Could have added the trips to Silves, Alte, Alvor,Lagos....
Cooler King
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Cooler King »

Smudger, I do believe you forgot to mention the Gleniffer Hotel , during that "If I had a wish day!"
Bearing in mind the miles you walk, you could go to Hemie's and back to there in a day!

King of the Cooler ( you know why!) 8)
sunman
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sunman »

I'd start with a bit of egg & bacon on my patio & sip coffee watching people duff the ball off the tee on VDM golfe;

a little chill time then up to the cafe next to the vet in Lagoa for a mid morning cafe con lait & a pastel de nata & pick up a couple of pao avo rolls for lunch;

crack a cold bottle of Sagres around 1.30, fill the rolls with ham, cheese & tomato & enjoy lunch round the pool listening to the crickets,

fall asleep in the shade round the pool for half an hour, read a bit of book & go in to shower around 5.15;

wander down to O'Stop around 6.30 & order anything I fancy, probably grilled fish with a mixed salad with a bit of oil & vinegar on it; a bottle of vino verde & watch the sun go down over the sea :D

wander down to town, probably Mungo's, say hi to Daniel, sip some cocktails & listen to his music

repeat 8)
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Cooler King wrote:Smudger, I do believe you forgot to mention the Gleniffer Hotel , during that "If I had a wish day!"
Bearing in mind the miles you walk, you could go to Hemie's and back to there in a day!

King of the Cooler ( you know why!) 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hard to spot the difference, both frequented by characters.......and those in Hemies are in my journal!! :wink:
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by algarve123 »

Start with a very early walk on the boardwalk, into the square and then up towards Sesmarias while it is still early enough for nobody to be around.

Breakfast in Cafe Fino.

Another stroll after breakfast along cliffs.

Lunch in Primavera, O Barco or Ma-Jas/Club Nau if its Sunday.

A few drinks in Hemmingways/Bote.

Dinner in the Wolf/O Boteco/Haweli.

Another stroll as far as Bar Charly for a few cocktails and watch the sun set.

Carvoeiro Bar (our favourite).

The Round-up for a bit of music.

Maybe Jailhouse and most likely head back to Carvoeiro Bar for a few more.

I'm pretty full just thinking about all that but it definitely has me wishing I was over there and looking forward even more to the next visit. Great topic piggywidden93 :D
piggywidden93
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by piggywidden93 »

dennisg wrote:
piggywidden93 wrote:( I have realised that mine is entirely centred around food) :oops:
Is that why you are called piggy-something-or-other?
Rude - put probably some hint of truth :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

But what if it's cold & wet ???
piggywidden93
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by piggywidden93 »

widge wrote:But what if it's cold & wet ???
Still better than wet and cold of Yorkshire :(
petejevons21
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by petejevons21 »

My favourite day is swim in the pool , coffee then walk or drive for lunch found a fantastic place for sardines in Alvor this year. Back to the villa maybe another swim to ensure I can fit into my clothes on last day! Then walk down into CVO for drinks at Improvista and watch football really lucky as my team were on this year and they didn't lose , meal at a gale/o indiano or taste or anywhere really there are so many good ones. Round off the evening at the Jailhouse if it's Dave otherwise round up or Bradys go back to villa , sleep then repeat - Bliss !!! :D Piggy.. if you don't mind me asking whereabouts in West Yorkshire are you from ?