Le Cro

pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Le Cro

Post by pickwick »

Hi

There is a new Café on Estrada do Farol opposite the Wolf called Le Cro. The owners Hugo and Marina, offer something different. We tried their wine tasting and extensive tapas which were all delicious. Hugo is a winemaker and has certainly chosen a great selection from around the World. This is a Café not to be missed! Open from 9am till late so good for breakfast, take away for the beach, lunch, drinks and tapas!!

Pickwick
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Le Cro

Post by smudger »

pickwick wrote:Hi

There is a new Café on Estrada do Farol opposite the Wolf called Le Cro. The owners Hugo and Marina, offer something different. We tried their wine tasting and extensive tapas which were all delicious. Hugo is a winemaker and has certainly chosen a great selection from around the World. This is a Café not to be missed! Open from 9am till late so good for breakfast, take away for the beach, lunch, drinks and tapas!!

Pickwick
Is it next door/close to Cafe Fino! Walked out of Cafe Fino couple of days ago. Place not busy, 5 other people at most. Sat at table outside and after 15 minutes still nobody came to take my order, so left.
pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pickwick »

Hi

Yes that is where Le Cro is. Had a coffee there this morning and a croissant mista which was very good.

Pickwick
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

pickwick wrote:Hi

Yes that is where Le Cro is. Had a coffee there this morning and a croissant mista which was very good.

Pickwick
So Cafe Fino is now Le Cro. Seemed same staff.
pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pickwick »

No! Le Cro is several doors down towards the Square from Café Fino!

Pickwick
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

pickwick wrote:No! Le Cro is several doors down towards the Square from Café Fino!

Pickwick
OK, next time I am here will again look for it. If memory right from Cafe Fino, going towards square, couple of shops (cork shop), then 3 restaurants (one a chinese) before veg garden then Brady's Bar.
Algarve Eagle
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Algarve Eagle »

Is anyone able to provide a further review of Le Cro?

I have attempted to visit twice for lunch. The first occasion was on a Wednesday in February; unfortunately it is closed on Wednesdays. I tried again on Tuesday of this week and arrived a few minutes after the advertised opening time of 12.30. The staff were arranging tables on the terrace; I asked if they were open and received an abrupt response of "not yet" together with a look suggesting that my presence was unwelcome and my question unreasonable.

Needless to say, I lunched elsewhere .....
sue2215
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by sue2215 »

I'm really surprised that you were met with that response. Marina & Hugo normally the friendliest & welcoming couple you could wish to meet. Their food is fresh & flavoursome so maybe worth another try.
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

sue2215 wrote:I'm really surprised that you were met with that response. Marina & Hugo normally the friendliest & welcoming couple you could wish to meet. Their food is fresh & flavoursome so maybe worth another try.
Agree with Sue, very friendly couple, amongst the friendliest in Carvoeiro, and the food is very good.
Algarve Eagle
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Algarve Eagle »

Thanks for your responses. I am back in the UK now but will go for 'third time lucky' when next in town!
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Managed a lunch and very enjoyable! Very hospitable hosts. Very much worth a visit.
pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pickwick »

Anyone else been there recently? Great cheesecake and interesting tapas style menu with wines to match your choices.

Pickwick
Elfie
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Elfie »

OH and I went for lunch on 26th Sept for the first time and we were very impressed. Great food and lovely staff.