O Boteco

widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: O Boteco

Post by widge »

e-richard wrote:Widge, did you go for Lunch or Dinner ?
Dinner
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Glad to see a review as it such a stunning setting. Can more people go please and report back before we are out again in September

Btw widge what was the price like?
sue2215
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by sue2215 »

We went for dinner last week and found the food and service to be very good. My seabass was excellent and the rest of our table enjoyed risotto, tuna, surf & turf. Minor niggle was the slightly burnt sweet potato. Prices are a little higher than the norm however it's worth it for the view.
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by algarve123 »

sue2215 wrote:We went for dinner last week and found the food and service to be very good. My seabass was excellent and the rest of our table enjoyed risotto, tuna, surf & turf. Minor niggle was the slightly burnt sweet potato. Prices are a little higher than the norm however it's worth it for the view.
Thats good to hear Sue. I totally agree with you on the price, as long the food and service is good I would expect that they would charge a little higher due to the stunning location and high quality refurbishment.

Really looking forward to going to this place :D
piggywidden93
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by piggywidden93 »

We went for lunch. It has been renovated beautifully, very modern and tasteful and of course the view is lovely. The food was good, but there are no meat dishes on the lunch menu (except spag bol) which we found really disappointing as the evening menu had a really good selection. Thought this was unusual and it would put us off going again for lunch. If you are a fish or salad lover then you will be fine. Sadly we didn't have time to go on an evening.
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Oh dear. Don't get the feeling that this restaurant is living up to its views
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

piggywidden93 wrote:We went for lunch. The food was good, but there are no meat dishes on the lunch menu (except spag bol).
This would make me think that the chef only works evenings and for lunch time they have a less skilled cook. If that is the case it's unlikely to have a consistent standard.