Re: Wolf

Post by dennisg »

Why is everybody crying Wolf?
Aldo
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Aldo »

No Idea, but I want the deal Pickwick got, its phenomenal! Going back in a few weeks and will give it a go. The alcohol alone comes to €100, amazing deal especially for a Saturday night
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

I reckon Pickwick must have got €100 off in return for the good reviews he has given them. Looking at the menu from Wolf's web site and comparing it with what Pickwick's group had it looks more like they didn't get charged for any drinks. I find it difficult to believe that a Saturday night special can give such an enormous discount - if it does then small wonder it was busy.
LICY
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by LICY »

Had another great meal less than 2 weeks ago. We had rib eye on the special. Think the main is €18 with chips and salad. Cannot recall how much hubby paid with drinks and starters. I was absolutely stuffed, even my son in law couldn't eat any more and he has hollow legs. My husband would never pay over the odds, anyone would think he wasn't typically English. Lol
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

Shock - Horror !!!

Went to the Wolf for dinner last night and came away early and disappointed.

The restaurant was quiet, indeed the staff outnumbered the diners even at 8.30pm.

Tempura prawns excellent

Steaks excellent

Seafood dish of the day (Sea Bass) dry, overcooked and served with limp reheated veg and potatoes

Wine - absent. None of the wines we ordered were available - out of stock due to change in supplier ???? There are ways of managing this process without disappointing customers.

Staff, very efficient but we were over hosted to the point that we felt uncomfortable and had to politely tell them to back off.

Result - Pudding, cheese & some wine of our choice in Terroir across the road, a good move in the circumstances.
CM
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by CM »

Four steaks, 2 sirloin…bad….gristle heaven..2 rib eyes spot on…sides where ok…I would go back as I was one of the rib eyes!
mur1963
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by mur1963 »

Good but very expensive...better value elsewhere in my opinion
LICY
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by LICY »

mur1963 wrote:Good but very expensive...better value elsewhere in my opinion
Such as in what locality as we haven't found a comparable rib eye. Defintely Argentian the tastiest.
pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pickwick »

Well mur1963 where is better value??

I agree with Licy the Agrentinian rib eye after the curried prawns as a starter are hard to beat. Will be back in CVO in a couple of weeks and will be frequenting the Wolf as it is BY FAR the best in CVO for a great steak.

Pickwick
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

They do a good breakfast on Sunday too. 8)
LICY
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by LICY »

logicbob wrote:They do a good breakfast on Sunday too. 8)
Didn't know that, other than Sunday Brunch. We will be eating at the Wolf soon, but will also try some other restaurants that we have not before. We don't go out that much as we prefer to save the euros for another visit, albeit we are about to a long period as a taster for retirement. Chuffed.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

LICY wrote:
logicbob wrote:They do a good breakfast on Sunday too. 8)
Didn't know that, other than Sunday Brunch. We will be eating at the Wolf soon, but will also try some other restaurants that we have not before. We don't go out that much as we prefer to save the euros for another visit, albeit we are about to a long period as a taster for retirement. Chuffed.

It could have been brunch as it was after church.
pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pickwick »

Licy

Try Le Cro opposite the Wolf too! Really good tapas like dishes and wine matches for your selection of tapas. Tell Hugo and Marina I sent you and that I recommend the lemon/oreo cheesecake! I was the official cheesecake taster there for a while!!!!!

Pickwick