O Algar

cumbria sue
CVO Master
CVO Master

O Algar

Post by cumbria sue »

Went here last night for the first time in all the years we have been coming to CVO , have to say it won't be the last ,we had a fantastic meal, hubby said his steak was the best he's ever had in nearly 20 years of over here can highly recommend :D
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: O Algar

Post by tricky »

Thanks for that revue sue. Will try it at the weekend. Always fancied it but it has changed hands a lot. Bet the view is fantastic
Jaylay
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Jaylay »

tricky wrote:Thanks for that revue sue. Will try it at the weekend. Always fancied it but it has changed hands a lot. Bet the view is fantastic
Are you thinking of the right restaurant think you will find it is run by the same family since it was opened, before that it was a post office.
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by bruce »

We ate there last month and Carlos and his family were still running the place.
The sea bass is the best I have tasted.
margaretm
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by margaretm »

I have been going here for years, 2 or 3 times on each holiday. Ana and Carlos , and their sons Roberto and Edgar are good friends. Their fresh fish is amazing (though not cheap) and every dish is worth trying. Ana's chocolate mousse is wonderful. We ate there a couple of weeks ago and almost every customer in the restaurant was well known to the staff and had been going there for years too . A testament to the quality of the food and the friendliness of the staff. Ana's mother Maria is often to be seen chatting to the diners who also know her very well. One of our favourite places !
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Maybe I'm thinking of the restaurant next door. Can't remember the name. O pescador ?!