Worst meal in Carvoeiro?

bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Worst meal in Carvoeiro?

Post by bruce »

Very true Roy, we had the worst meal ever at El e Ela, the meat was tough and I think they had overdone the garlic, that was all my lamb tasted of, service was poor as well and yet it is always full so I guess we were unlucky.
We had a lovely meal a couple of years back at the Italian Via Italia, I had never had black spaghetti before, the head waiter recommended it and it came with a lovely sauce and lots of fresh fish, the only thing was we thought it expensive for what we had. Never had a bad meal in Maximes.
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

Brave girl, bruce - criticising Ele nd Ela - stay low for a while :lol: - agree about the service though, and Maximes :D
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by bruce »

:D :D I better go and hang out with Roy then, there's safety in numbers!
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

Fancy Portarade for lunch sometime soon Bruce ?
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by laserblazer »

How can the worst meal in Carvoeiro have been had in Ferragudo? :)
SAM SPARKLE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by SAM SPARKLE »

Takeaway :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

L.B. see post from Farol of 1st May. Topic has widened to CVO and district 8)
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by laserblazer »

roy4eyes wrote:L.B. see post from Farol of 1st May. Topic has widened to CVO and district 8)
Does Olhao count then? Margaret had sardines that made her very ill! :(
james andrew
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by james andrew »

I was made aware of the comments about Portarade by one of our regular customers who took the trouble to post a reply to the review by Farol.

Its always disappointing to hear when people have had a poor experience in our restaurant and to read about it on forums such as this.

I am trying to recollect the date when this happened but made more difficult when customers don't address their concerns at the time.

Ferragudo is now blessed with several outstanding restaurants of which we will continue to strive to be one!!!

We appreciate the continued support of our many regular customers.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

Ate at Portarade again yesterday. Cold food was cold, hot food was hot, nothing was left on our plates (and there were no stray dogs around :lol: ), service was friendly and at €9.50 for 3 courses + wine+ coffee we were again very happy.
cumbria sue
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by cumbria sue »

after reading all the great reviews on here about Maxime's we gave it a go last year and have to say we were very disappointed, the starter was ok but when it came to the main all we could hear was the ping ping of the microwave and the fish I had ordered was a soggy mess on my plate, should have complained I know but as we were the only 2 in just wanted to get out then to add insult to injury we were charged for 3 meals ( which we spotted before we paid ) it was halloween night so will mabe give them another go sometime
Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Gary/Gaynor »

james andrew wrote:I was made aware of the comments about Portarade by one of our regular customers who took the trouble to post a reply to the review by Farol.

Its always disappointing to hear when people have had a poor experience in our restaurant and to read about it on forums such as this.

I am trying to recollect the date when this happened but made more difficult when customers don't address their concerns at the time.

Ferragudo is now blessed with several outstanding restaurants of which we will continue to strive to be one!!!

We appreciate the continued support of our many regular customers.
Well Gary and I will def give your resturant a go...we love the area and often eat at O'Barril so will pop along in two weeks time to try a lunch at Portarade and will report. So you see you may just have another restaurant follower out of this :D
Gaynor
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sam »

We haven't had a bad meal for ages, but we avoid Via Italia, Tia Ilda and Medici - all had bad service and attitudes. Food at Via Italia and Tia Ilda was nothing special.
Cannot comment on food at Medici - after nearly an hour still no food, asked the waiter to check and he disappeared never to return. Went to find the owner who did not apologise but told us to stop making a fuss and sit down. Did I do that - no I told him exactly what I thought of him and his restaurant in Portuguese and said I would spread the word. The tone then changed, but we refused to stay and went to Fraser's and some of Lyn's fantastic pizzas. However, this was soon after they opened so things may have improved.
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

The title of this post (slightly) amuses me (easily amused). You could have 10 crackingly good meals in cvo but one of them will still qualify as worst of the ten :roll:

Can't recall a bad meal as such, disappointed in a couple (Tia Ilda and Ele and Ela), admittedly a few years ago now, haven't been back to either.
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sam »

joeysoap wrote: Can't recall a bad meal as such, disappointed in a couple (Tia Ilda and Ele and Ela), admittedly a few years ago now, haven't been back to either.
My family laugh at my 'black list', but why should I return and spend money somewhere I received bad service. My 3 were all sometime ago. There are a couple of others that we had a couple of off days sometime ago and have removed them from 'black list', but not yet returned.
I used to love Tia Ilda when the french guy owned it, but not anymore. We were in CVO recently and decided to have a drink on their downstairs terrace. The new bifold doors were closed and we were unable to access the terrace, so went elsewhere. Other restaurants had their outside terraces open, so it was not a bad weather day. This is one of their vantage viewing areas so they were missing a trick. So they are still on the 'black list'. Their loss, someone elses gain.