California Italian 'Pizzeria"

jantje
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

California Italian 'Pizzeria"

Post by jantje »

Went to the Italian place just below Happys, is it called California. The service was atrocious. Despite only us and 2 other couples in it was fairly early evening, the staff were disinterested and surly. We waited an almost 45 minutes for a bowl of pasta then my partners meal didn't turn up at all, they'd forgotton. When asked the finally brought it 15 minutes later without an apology or anything. Bad day or usual, i don't know but no tip was left. All the rest of the holiday it was barely full and people were sat at tables waiting so i think its usual practice. Very poor and we shan't be going back.

We'd actually gone on a recommendation too so there was a lesson there, all tastes are different!
jeremy
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: California Italian 'Pizzeria"

Post by jeremy »

Seems it hasn't improved since the following review over 10 years ago !

California Pizzeria (stay away!!!)

Postby redgnasher » Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:48 pm
:cry: We decided to try the other Pizzeria on restaurant hill, we went in and it looks great from the outside
We were shown to our table and then left. We waited 15 minutes and were offered no drinks or a menu.
The people in the back were either talking or laying tables
We asked for a menu
We waited another 10 minutes until we got a menu
The menu was on laminate and had been written on with a laminate pen
We then decided to leave as we still had not been asked what we wanted
The people next to us had had the wrong drinks given to them
The people next to them had also left

It was the first time I had left a restuarant and I was appalled
WE then went to Catz Pyjamas where we were offered a drink as soon as we sat down
Has anyone else had disappointing experiences with California Pizzeria?

redgnasher

dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by dennisg »

We have eaten there a few times and have been quite happy with both the food and the service, but as you say it is never full.
I understand that it is owned by the people who own A Galeria across the road where we have always had good food and service.
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

It was full on Wednesday as were most restaurants in town. We arrived pm,
took some rays and headed into town for a meal. quickly realised that at around 8.30pm everywhere was pretty much at bursting point. Got into California, window seat nice and cool, ordered within minutes, served within a reasonable time, food was ok (not as good as last year IMO) house white was ok for €7.50, total including 1 starter under €30. I would guess about 8 out of 10 were having a pizza as I did. It was fine as was the starter. Mrs Soap said there was very little mince in the lasagne. Overall the meal was fine, service was friendly (blond Portuguese girl). only downside was the indoor music, brutal, and the Outsiders were playing in Mungos so would have preffered to listen to them. Italian restaurants should either play Italian music or nothing.
The menu was on laminate and had been written on with a laminate pen
tbe menu we were given had fantastic pictures of Rome on every page. Would make you want to go there (Rome, not California :) )