Bistro72

HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Re: Bistro72

Post by HampshireRich »

snixon wrote:Rich
A quick question have you eaten to Bistro72? and no I am not married to Davethegreat...................
A couple of years ago but that's not the point - the point is more about negative, destructive comments that seem to be bent on ruining a restaurant's reputation without the chance of reply and doing so after one visit.

As I have previously stated I have been coming to CVO since 1994 and have frequented many restaurants and bars. I have also made postings about my visits and tried to do in a fair and balanced view - not once have I been vitriolic or destructive about any of them - some I obviously prefer to others and do say so.

Bistro72 has been subjected to a very biased, unfair and detrimental attack - I have trying to redress the balance - that's all. After all, it is someone's business and livelihood.
MrsT
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by MrsT »

When I started this topic, it was a ture honest account and I never thought I would get so many comments and replies, thank you all its been interesting...........

I know Bistro72 is someones business, and thats what suprised me, maybe the owners are just not interested in running a good business. I also have my own business and always look at myself if theres a problem, maybe they should look at these comments and do try and do something about it.

I had a drink in Harrys last week, and the young guy that I have seen working in the Bistro72 was having lunch there, the staff there were laughing at him because he worked with the mad women at the Bistro72, it seems to be joke in Carvoeiro.

Bistro72 Good luck and I hope you see these comments and take note.

I still think this is a great site for all comments good or bad.
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by bruce »

How two faced, mocking the owner and wishing her well!
I have personally only had good food and service in Bistro 72 and will certainly be back there on our next visit
Good luck to Bistro 72 I hope you prosper despite the people who wish to bring you down.
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

As they say ! There is no such thing as bad publicity! I've never been to bistro. 72 but blimey I'm going to give it a go next time we are in cvo and I'm really hoping it will be great so that I can show my support alongside other fair minded people
snixon
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by snixon »

Aylesburyduckie
I was just wandering if you are the owner of bistro72, as she is from Aylesbury and she also drinks in Rosas everynight?????
now thats a small world.................. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Aylesburyduckie
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Aylesburyduckie »

No, snixon, I am not the owner of Bistro 72.
I do not drink in Rosa's every night.
I am actually at my office in England right now, about to start work at 9.00am.
From your PM to me, you are a nasty, vindictive person. Sending blackmail to people is not nice....who ever the intended recipient is.
I hope you have read the terms and conditions of membership to this site, because I think you are probably breaching it.
For the record, I have no reported you. I hope this is the end. I will not be replying to any more of your stupid posts.
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

What does intrigue me is that there are some restaurants that many have low opinions of yet whenever a Brit owned or managed place is given a negative review the " its a one off, or they deserve another chance " comments are made.
Why is that ???
Surely we should be fair to every one if you believe in the second chance approach ??
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by bruce »

EMM if you have been following the Bistro 72 thread you will see that several first time posters have made accusations about the place, the staff and the way it is run, nothing to do with it being run by a Brit!
Some of the obvious fake reports appear to have been removed.
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

EMM wrote:What does intrigue me is that there are some restaurants that many have low opinions of yet whenever a Brit owned or managed place is given a negative review the " its a one off, or they deserve another chance " comments are made.
Why is that ???
Surely we should be fair to every one if you believe in the second chance approach ??
I don't have a clue as to the nationality of the owner of this restaurant or most of them in CVO - none of them deserve vitriolic and damaging comments. You of all people should realise that EMM - you often bemoan the fact bars and restaurants have closed and are standing empty, which is no wonder if they get slagged off without the chance of reply or support from others.

Also, when these attacks do happen the owner, other restaurant/bar owners or family members have every right to give their support on this site should they wish - without snidey accusations of them being biased due to personal connections.
Sarah56
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Sarah56 »

These comment are becoming a joke and obvious of what you are set out to do is try and ruin someone's business as for the comment does my mum work there she would be pretty far away from home if she did. It was a simple comment of how I enjoyed my visit to bistro. Your just making your self look like a very silly girl.
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

lIke others I am as suspicious of the " new poster " that slams a place just as I am of those who over praise, this thread appears to have both.
I expect good service, quality and value as a minimum and I would not post just because a place met those minimum requirements.
Exceptionally poor service does deserve a comment as does exceptionally good and business owners should respond , that is what is lacking on this thread and others like it.
Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Gary/Gaynor »

Having just come at the tail end of this subject I am bloody appalled at the way this forum is going.....to be fare the Bistro 72 is ok for what it does. Friends of ours stayed at our apartment and had several visits, with their two kids, just recently and there was no complaint..this is getting as bad as bloody Twitter on some of these forum feeds, now pull your necks in please...enjoy this long standing forum for what it is, INFOMRMATIVE...if you have a bad meal then just don't go back, no freekin debate her. Some other person's opinions maybe just that little bit diffferent to others.
Gaynor
9 years in CVO village
Sarah56
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Sarah56 »

Well said Gary
MrsT
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by MrsT »

I dont really understand why my comment/topic is so bad, other members of this forum have made bad comments about, Taste, Onze and Tia Ilda etc etc restaurants with out the topic being highjacked by well I am not sure who? Who is Snixon and who is Aylesburyduckie one likes Bistro72 and other doesnt.

I made what I thought was a fair comment at the time, as I and my family have been coming to Carvoeiro for many years and travelled many places round the world and I thought it was time to make some honest comments/remarks about places I have visited.

If things change or new owners/staff take over Bistro72, I might visit again.

:lol: 8) :lol: 8)
Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Gary/Gaynor »

MrsT wrote:I dont really understand why my comment/topic is so bad, other members of this forum have made bad comments about, Taste, Onze and Tia Ilda etc etc restaurants with out the topic being highjacked by well I am not sure who? Who is Snixon and who is Aylesburyduckie one likes Bistro72 and other doesnt.

I made what I thought was a fair comment at the time, as I and my family have been coming to Carvoeiro for many years and travelled many places round the world and I thought it was time to make some honest comments/remarks about places I have visited.

If things change or new owners/staff take over Bistro72, I might visit again.

:lol: 8) :lol: 8)
I hope you get to sample a few more resturants in CVO, there's still Ma Ja's for one of Mark's homemade specials.
Two weeks and couting down now
Gaynor