A Rampa in Porches

roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

A Rampa in Porches

Post by roy4eyes »

A new (to us) place to eat for the good,cheap food afficionadas. €8 for main - choice of 4 meat and 4 fish dishes + sweet, wine and coffee.
A little different to some of the others in terms of presentation i.e. nice sauces, saute rather than chipped potatoes and the steak was actually tender and cooked to my specification.
Proprietor (sounds Balkan) speaks excelent english whilst portuguese wife is the chef.
From the 125 turn right at the first roundabout from Lagoa, then first left and it is 80 m. on left hand side.
Not nesessarily better, but different and an alternative to the other well known cheaperies.
ron5000
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: A Rampa in Porches

Post by ron5000 »

You also have Lamy's just before on the same road
Good local food
Jinan
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Jinan »

I often dine in this place when I am in CVO, anyone who has been to A palaeta in Lagoa, near Pingo Doce, wiill remember DImitri the waiter , he moved to open his own place, A Rampa.
It may not be the most fashionable place but as mentioned in the OP its very good value for money and DImitri looks after the customers very well.
His portugese girlfriend is the chef and their all inclusive 8 euros menue is very reasonable, the house wine is nice as well
They have WiFi for a quick e mail check if you wish.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I presume these reviews are for lunch, not dinner; or is there an €8 dinner menu too ?

It would help to clarify
Jinan
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Jinan »

Its 8 euros lunch and dinner, if you like chicken they have a dish for 2, its chichen cooked in clay dish in the oven with onions and tomatoes, , its 11 euros unless they have changed it, I think you have to order a day a head, its worth it.
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by ceh »

We decided to give this restaurant a try last week having seen the reviews and loved it such that we ate there on 3 evenings ! There is an 8 and a 10 euro fixed price menu with 3 or 4 choices ( fish, meat, chicken). We had a carafe of wine which was very drinkable, a main, sweet and coffee all for either 8 or 10 euros

There is seating inside and covered outside which is where we sat on the last 2 occasions. The restaurant was busy but with a nice relaxed feel - we'll be back. It was good to see a mix of portuguese, english and scandinavian diners.

Any other similar recommnedations gratefully received.....
sue2215
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by sue2215 »

Hi - We called them a few times to reserve a table last week of September but no response. Also called in on the Tuesday/Wednesday night and the restaurant was closed. Does anyone have the opening times as we would like to eat there on our next trip out? Many thanks Sue.
Jaylay
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Jaylay »

Spoke to a member of their family today and told me their normal day of is Tuesday.
sue2215
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by sue2215 »

Thanks for the info. Will try again next time now we know their closing day is Tuesday.
dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by dennisg »

Whereabouts in Porches is it please?
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Its marked in the Restaurant Map