new hexagon restaurant

alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

new hexagon restaurant

Post by alf1956 »

has anaybody tried this new place the hexagon restaurant yet?its where the old island restaurant used to be in sesmarias
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: new hexagon restaurant

Post by smudger »

Had lunch there today. Lunch menu similar to previous Island Cafe (pasta, salads) but overheard chef/owner explain to other customer that in process of changing it. We were first there but by time left another 3 couples had arrived. Got impression they had been before or had been at the chef's previous restaurant.
My wife said her pasta with seafood and fish sauce was very good. I had a chicken salad which was also good.
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

Went for dinner last night & the new menu has been introduced. The revised offer is aimed more at the "fine dining" market with pricing to match. The food & service was generally very good but it is very expensive. Dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine was over €100 including a tip! Best saved for special occasions at that price but then the Bella Vita does it better and offers more choice.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

bella vitta does take some beating for quality,choice&price i think.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

tried it last night verygood.we had the 3 course menu for 21 euros.starter a nice pea soup,main course ,i had john dory on a bed of risotto a ,the mrs had pork medallions with a nice mash potato seasoned with a hint pumpkin/butternut,desert was pastry parcel with ice cream filling with a nice strawberry sauce.bill came to 55 euros with drinks.will go again for sure as all the courses were cooked&presented well
Jaylay
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Jaylay »

Went last night and must say the food and service makes this restaurant a must on the map for any forum foodies.

Although they do have a 21 € evening meal, you would be unlikely to get a budget night out, as Widge said on his post, a meal for two is more likely to be at least 100€ but you could spend a lot more. There is a chef's dinner for 46€ and an extensive wine list.

Last night the restaurant was full, particularly with a couple of large tables of clients who had been to the owner's previous restaurant in Alvor.

Definitely a place to go for a special meal.