A lesson in success for all!

pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

A lesson in success for all!

Post by pato »

A small family run hotel cum guest house in LLandudno North Wales has just won the award for the best hotel in the world for service, a lesson to all small businesses that it's service that counts not size. :)
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: A lesson in success for all!

Post by tricky »

Yes I saw that too Pato. They really do go the extra mile at that hotel and work really hard. They deserve the sucess they have had.
I think that the world is turning full circle, personal service is coming back in a big way. The days of the 'press 2' and hold and automated services are starting to wear thin.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

Further to my post I've now found the article I spoke about, the name of the hotel is the Lauriston Court Hotel Llandudno and it's rates are £35 a night, the survey was conducted by Trip advisor and everyone was included it seems, I'll give it a go with the judy one weekend it's only 50 minutes drive away, that's if I can get in like! :)
jeremy
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by jeremy »

Dirty Weekend in Llandudno eh ? - How romantic ! :? :lol:
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Actually Jeremy, don't knock it till you've tried it, Llandudno is very nice out of season (which is when Pato will be going, coz he's cheap) :D
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sam »

I gave a bad review for a hotel last year. The manager actually wrote to me saying how they had spent £100k on upgrading their rooms & bathrooms (that was in the 80's by the looks of it) and were going to spend £80k on upgrading the bar. He did not address the poor staff service (at reception directed through a wedding party rather than the stairs at the side of reception to get to our rooms, room service (that once someone was finally found to take the order) did not arrive, and at breakfast I ordered tea which did not arrive). This hotel is the only one in the town and needs competition to shake it up.
No matter how good or bad a hotel is the staff service can make all the difference.