Lagoa's hidden gem!

Cooler King
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Lagoa's hidden gem!

Post by Cooler King »

In a small lane off Lagoa's Fish Market, just down from Chrissy's , sits the very unassuming Wine & Tapas Bar, " A Tasquinha."

Having now lunched there on 3 occasions, I feel compelled to spread the word about this hidden gem. The Prata do Dia is an amazing 6 Euros or 7.50 with coffee or soft drink.

The bar has been owned by the Santana family for many years and is currently headed up by the son Marco.

In short, excellent food at very reasonable prices with superb service and a real Portugese experience.

My little secret is out, but they deserve to be enjoyed by all.

Cooler King.
Jaylay
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Lagoa's hidden gem!

Post by Jaylay »

Sorry my link was not good enough for cooler king, but maybe they deserve 2 entries on Restaurant reviews.
Cooler King
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Cooler King »

Hello Jaylay,
I only saw your post after I had posted mine! Said to Marco I would post as soon as I arrived home (today).

Great minds think alike.

Cooler King.
pointersister
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pointersister »

I am not really familiar with Lagoa. I know where the P.O is so where is the fish market in relation to that? Thanks in anticipation. Might call in to the tapas place next weekend when we are there :D
Jaylay
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Jaylay »

pointersister wrote:I am not really familiar with Lagoa. I know where the P.O is so where is the fish market in relation to that? Thanks in anticipation. Might call in to the tapas place next weekend when we are there :D
Basically it is in the small lane behind the post office, to the right of the post office is a bank ,walk down the side wall of the bank and turn left behind the block and into the lane. (no cars )
pointersister
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pointersister »

Thanks for that. Will try it over the weekend. Just pray that we have blue skies and sunshine to make our visit complete :D