A Tasquinha Lagoa

Jaylay
CVO Master
CVO Master

A Tasquinha Lagoa

Post by Jaylay »

Looking for something different for a cold winter's day or even an evening? Just returned from Lagoa, thinking what to do on a very chilly day. We walked through the town and stopped for lunch at A Tasquinha, just behind the market down the steps next to Chrissy's.

We had 2 beers, 1/2 jug of red wine, 2 vegetable soups (lovely) and a plate of mixed tapas (various cheeses, chourico, presunto, chutney and 3 types of bread plus biscuits and butter, plus olives and complimentary ginga in a chocolate cup - 15.80 € in total.

Read about it in the current edition of Inside Carvoeiro, surprised to see 2 local Carvoeiro restaurateurs having lunch there as well, also Lagoa office staff.

Heard it is nice in the evening as well, will give it a try some time.
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: A Tasquinha Lagoa

Post by tricky »

Thanks for that Info, Jaylay
Its always nice to hear about local places to eat. Someone mentioned this place to us a while ago but couldn't remember the name, its been driving me potty
Will def give it a try in Jan
suziebear
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by suziebear »

Love this place!!! We found this place in the summer and it is our guilty pleasure to spend some time ther on our days off just mingling with the local guys playing dominoes and arguing amongst themselves and of course Marco and his family are great hosts!! They deserve to do well...
gerrit
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by gerrit »

Can only agree, unbelievable, 15 € for 2, choice in quality starters, main course and desserts, plus drinks etc.
Certainly go back next time.

Gerrit
sunman
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sunman »

I'm coming out soon & would like to pop in & try it; could somebody who's been there add it to the restaurant map please, thanks
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

We found this place by accident....it's in the passageway behind the fish market : if you are looking at Chrissy's menu, it's about 50m on your right!

Lovely atmosphere, we had a superb meal there last night for 37€ for 2....veg soup, pork in cream/mushroom sauce for me, salmon in prawns and tasquinha sauce for Sue, excellent chocolate mousse & pineapple flambe , and coffee...with water, cover, amuse bouche and wine. Even the veg were done to perfection.

Add the delights of a ( well behaved ) 3 week old baby plus doting grandparents, and you have a lovely Portuguese restaurant that departs from the usual grills. Thoroughly recommended, see :
www.tasquinha.pt
It's quite small ; I guess about 20 covers max.....not sure we liked the complimentary (alcoholic) "raspberryade" with the coffee though!....but everything else was great!
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Just to say that dinner on second occassion was as good as the first.....and we hear that the set lunch at 7.5€ ( 3 courses with wine/coffee) is even better value, but we have yet to try that.
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Having just arrived back from dinner at this restuarant, I had to post a review.
I cannot recommend this place highly enough.. have to say its the best restaurant we have been to in Carvoeiro and surrounding areas. We have just had, three courses (sole, and hake included) wine, etc and it came to approx £35 euros. the couple who run it with their one month old daughter, really deserve to suceed and apparently the lunch time 7.50 euro special has been sold out all week. Book ahead for summer or you won't get a table.
Sandy
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Sandy »

Better than Vila Nova Tricky? :-0
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

of course not, that goes without saying Sandy!, :D but different, only small. Many thanks to the forum members that discovered it
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

tricky wrote:of course not, that goes without saying Sandy!, :D but different, only small. Many thanks to the forum members that discovered it
:lol: :lol:
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Just to add that we used to be Vila Nova fans, but thought it had become rather expensive with a drop in quality over the last couple of years ; we reckon this place is far better!
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

We tried this place last night.
I like the approach down the lane at the back of Lagoa market......it makes you feel you are abroad in a foreign town.

The ambiance is welcoming, family like, but professional.
The service, is personal, and attentive.
The food is very good, not over complicated, in the main, and the wine good value at 6 euros for a dry house white.

You get the feeling that they are trying to please, and care about what they are doing.

The desserts maybe slightly miss the mark, but then again, I dont think the Portuguese really do desserts to the English palette.

An enjoyable and not overly expensive evening.

Better than Villa Nova or Chrissys??

Not a real comparison....good but not really similar.

Well worth a visit.
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Your review was spot-on Bruce. The young couple who run it seem really determind for it to succeed, and i hear the lunchtime 7.50 set meal is a sell out.
why not try that whilst you are out and report back?
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Sounds like this is a 'must' to try from the reviews. Going over on Sunday so we will try it out - shame Vila Nova won't be open!