The old icecream place in Monte Carvoeiro

laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

The old icecream place in Monte Carvoeiro

Post by laserblazer »

I thought this had been mentioned previously but can't find the thread. Anyway, it's good to see the old place on the corner, that has been empty for years, is now up and running again. They have a little terrace and a small gift shop. We stopped for a nice coffee on their terrace, which has a sea view. I ended up having to go home to get some more money as they had a selection of cork bags and SWMBO has always fancied a small cork handbag. It was only €29, which is half the price at the airport. Personally, I can't see how they can be hard-wearing but it seems they are.

They also have free WiFi but you may need to ask them to turn it on as it's a dongle. Quite quick though.

They seemed to have a steady stream of customers and I'd have thought that they will be busy in the summer, revitalising the people who have just tramped up from the beach.

Best of luck to them. :)
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: The old icecream place in Monte Carvoeiro

Post by tricky »

I agree LB, we stopped there on our way down into town and it was very nice. Good luck to them
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

laserblazer wrote:They seemed to have a steady stream of customers and I'd have thought that they will be busy in the summer, revitalising the people who have just tramped up from the beach.

Best of luck to them. :)
They stayed open quite late in the summer - people drinking coffee and having a snack. It didn't seem that busy when we were there in July but certainly busier that it was before it shut for a few years. As you say, good to see it open again and let's hope it does get busy and it's a success. :)
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

They also sell newspapers ( Daily Mail !! ) .
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by laserblazer »

I wonder if it will affect MacCafe across the road. They tend to shut after lunch anyway.