Julio's, Chef Antonio,Bon Bon etc

O-Bife-bem-passado
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Julio's, Chef Antonio,Bon Bon etc

Post by O-Bife-bem-passado »

How has Bon Bon ended up in the same thread at Julio's and Chef António - WTF? Bon Bon, now more than ever, is in a different league, not only to these two but to any other restaurant in town.
cumbria sue
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by cumbria sue »

O-Bife-bem-passado wrote:How has Bon Bon ended up in the same thread at Julio's and Chef António - WTF? Bon Bon, now more than ever, is in a different league, not only to these two but to any other restaurant in town.
judging by the two posts you have just put on you must be very hard to please, I have been coming to cvo for 15 years and can honestly say that I have only had one bad meal in and around cvo, but that didn't stop me going back as I have alway's enjoyed the restaurant and will continue to do so :roll:
piggywidden93
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by piggywidden93 »

Went to Julios for first time this holiday, have past it by every year but decided to try new places this time. Sadly not a great first visit - avacado wasn't ripe and had a great big caterpillar grub in the mint garnish. Pointed it out to waiter, who shrugged and said, they live in the mint bushes. So sorry, wanted to like it, but good chance wont go again :cry:
margaretm
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by margaretm »

Sadly my last experience of Julios was not the same as in past years . I've been going there 2-3 times a year ever since they opened , but on our last visit, (the first without Helder being there) , there was not a hint of recognition from any of the staff, no one asking if the meal was ok and no attention other than plates being put down and taken away. The food, in our case, was fine but we only made the one visit during our July holiday and will think carefully before going back. There are plenty of other restaurants to choose from nowadays.
Alison
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Alison »

Chef Antonio is a regular for us, particularly when we've got young folk with hollow legs as the portions are huge (you could be full after the complimentary fishcake appetisers!). The men tackle the huge plates of fish, meat etc and I share a delicious cataplana or just have the Portuguese eggs (a starter) and a portion of chips.

Julio's - haven't been there for a long time after receiving snooty, indifferent service some years ago but maybe we should try again.

The Bon Bon used to be a favourite for a treat but we haven't been there since Aart handed the place over to the new tenant, in order to concentrate more on his outside catering business. I'm told the new manager has taken it even more up market so would be interested to hear recent experiences. We enjoyed bumping into Aart at the Mamma Mia pizza place back in April (and had some excellent fish there!).