Gosto

tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Gosto

Post by tricky »

This is a fairly new restaurant between Canieros and Ferragudo, almost opposite Le Paradis.
The menu is a bit different and it has a nice outside terrace with distant sea views. Slightly trendy and unusual.
we had a coconut thai soup with came with a satey chicken kebab, I then had a crispy pork with blue cheese dressing and leek mashed potatoes( you know when you get to the stage in your holiday when you MUST have mashed potatoe) :D Husband had Tuna that he said was very nice. 2 G&T's, 2 Glasses of wine (heavy night before)
bill with covert came t 60 euro's. Deserts looked fantastic and they do a 'tasting' menu for 29 euros.
The owner also runs the new Tapas restaurant at Benegil, which if the food is the same quality as Gosto, it will be worth going to.
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Gosto

Post by joeysoap »

[quote="tricky"]....... mashed potatoes( you know when you get to the stage in your holiday when you MUST have mashed potatoe)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think we have all been there, at LEAST once.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

we went to Gosto on saturday night & had the 5 course taster meal which was €28 & it was excellent every course was cooked to perfection.we sat on the terrace which has a nice view & the service was good.we will 100% be going again to try another taster menu as we asked the staff if they changed the taster menu & they said if you come in again they will change the courses to suit.we also noticed that the other diners that did not have the taster menu seemed to have large portions of various other meals.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

To add to the above:

We tried this restaurant tonight. Enjoyed it.

When you tire of the establishments in CVO centre, whether that the standard Portuguese fare or even the more "elegant" places like Maximes or Ele & Ela, then I'd say this is well worth a trip out. Strange location, but not too difficult to find or park.

In summary: the food is good, a little bit different, the whole experience was enjoyable, but hard to rave about about.

More reviews would be welcome.

I've added its location to the restaurant map
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

We enjoyed it Richard, however the night we were there it was very windy and we were sat on the terrace. They did provide us with lovely fur blankets though.
As you so rightly said, the food was good, a bit different but missing something, not sure what. Will try it again.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

I think we are going to try this restaurant when we go over in a weeks time! Tricky is usually good for recommendations!!!
Will give it a review when we get back.
Dave
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

Interesting reviews..........
Good but.......??

Almost damned by faint praise.

May need to try it just to make up my own mind......

Fancy another meal out Tricky???

Or maybe send in the Sesmarias restaurant inspector....Senor Widge
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

I'm up for it ! Arrive 2 weeks today for a 5 week stopover so will be tempted by all manner of new restaurants !

We'll be very pleased to treat you and Julia to a few new gastronomic experiences !
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Sounds like a CVO.com outing to Gosto is coming up...... somebody hire a charra :D
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Had a very pleasant meal there a week or so ago but was disappointed when we got the bill to see we had been charged 27.5 euros for house wine. We pointed it out and were refunded the difference. Would probably try it again but quite a drive from east side of cvo.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

went here tonight & had the taster meal again & it was excellent , this now on our list to visit when we are out here.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

alf1956 wrote:went here tonight & had the taster meal again & it was excellent , this now on our list to visit when we are out here.
Did you have Tiger Prawns Alf? :wink:
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

djprescott wrote:
alf1956 wrote:went here tonight & had the taster meal again & it was excellent , this now on our list to visit when we are out here.
Did you have Tiger Prawns Alf? :wink:
no mate tiger prawns are not on the taster menu&to be honest i didnt even look to see if there was tiger prawns on the menu as we knew we were going to have the 5 course taster meal as we had that on a previous visit.
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Alf, you won't be fit for game of squash after all you are eating :D
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

tricky wrote:Alf, you won't be fit for game of squash after all you are eating :D
Hi Tricky, are there any squash courts local to CVO? Would be interested to know - I used to play and my son still does!