poco partido 1st visit

Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: poco partido 1st visit

Post by Lesley Jean »

This is a restaurant I must admit to going past on many occasions but never having eaten in it. We don't usually go in this direction in the evenings. We will not be out until next year (Jan /Feb) but this is one I will make sure we do try. Thanks for the comments everyone.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

we did exactly the same went past it loads of times then just ventured in one night&now we are hooked !!!going again tonight in 5 mins .
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

alf1956 wrote:we did exactly the same went past it loads of times then just ventured in one night&now we are hooked !!!going again tonight in 5 mins .
Did you have the tiger prawns just for a change, Alf? :wink:
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Just returned from cvo and we had a meal here on Alf's recommendation. We were not disappointed. It is a lovely setting and food was very good at reasonable prices.
I didn't try the Tiger Prawns though!!!
ncook
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by ncook »

We went twice in the week were in Carvoeiro. Fantastic as usual. We were very warmly welcomed and recognised, and the owner was very pleased that I was learning Portuguese. He helped me a lot with words, pronunciation etc.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

djprescott:yes we did have the tiger prawns !!!im glad you enjoyed the meal,the guy that owns it ,antonio is always friendly&so is the lady who takes the orders her name just escapes me at the moment.i am out again nxt mon 8th oct so i will be making another visit or 2 !!
Eric Rathbone
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Eric Rathbone »

Great restaurant, shame Antonio is closing it !!! very soon, well he still owns A Gale he may retire with the rent from that and his other propertys. hes no skint member as my son would say
Paraiso
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Paraiso »

I think António just sold A Galé to Carla and her husband!
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

i didnt know he was closing it ??? i think he may own the lease or the property at a gale but not the actual business as he told me he still had some interest in it.
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

alf1956 wrote:i didnt know he was closing it ??? i think he may own the lease or the property at a gale but not the actual business as he told me he still had some interest in it.
He has no interest in the restaurant at A Gale', but I understand he is the landlord.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

Bruce Wallis wrote:
alf1956 wrote:i didnt know he was closing it ??? i think he may own the lease or the property at a gale but not the actual business as he told me he still had some interest in it.
He has no interest in the restaurant at A Gale', but I understand he is the landlord.
i thought thats what i said bruce ?
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

alf1956 wrote:
Bruce Wallis wrote:
i thought thats what i said bruce ?
Yes....I was just confirming what you said!
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

doe anybody know if antonio has closed this place for good or just for the winter ?
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

He closes every year for the winter, normally at the end of October but this year he was closing a little earlier. I believe he closed the second week of October, and he will open March/April next year.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

thanks logicbob,will just have to find another place for my tiger prawns!any suggestions anybody !!!