Jota Lita

Sinkie
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Jota Lita

Post by Sinkie »

Can’t remember seeing any posts for this restaurant, though I am sure regulars will be aware of it (positioned across from Happys). This is one of the best and most friendly (gives Libbre a run for his money) we have been to. The food is excellent and the service is first class, and the prices very reasonable. Always busy with locals too, usually a good sign! Would recomend it as well worth a visit.
Aldo
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Jota Lita

Post by Aldo »

interesting, not one I have tried, sounds worth a go.
Use happys, A Gale and tried Bom Bordo at lunch last visit. Always seem to miss this one!
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by bruce »

We tried this restaurant last September and had a lovely meal, the staff were lovely and we will definitely go back there next month.
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

lovely friendly staff. (family? ) think the house red is the same as happys. food is good too.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

Great restaurant, superb food, and good value for money.
jamielyon4
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by jamielyon4 »

Its the Darling of restaurant hill...get to know John and it gets even better....great food, unrushed, prices that dont burn a hole in your shorts..one of the best :D
ron5000
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by ron5000 »

I walk past the place every morning and their bread is delivered in a bag hanging on the door handle, wouldn't happen in the old yuk
No offence to any one, nothing died or was injured, kidnapped or mentally scarred in this post
ditzy
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by ditzy »

Went here the other night having not been for the better part of 15 years. Food was lovely (prawn starter nothing to write home about but main courses were fab, fish of the day and a perfectly cooked medium-rare steak), washed down with a bottle of Planalto. Service was great, very personable, and the family next to us with two small children seemed well catered for and very relaxed.
Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Gary/Gaynor »

Gary and I visited this resturant when we arrived 1st June for our 17 day stay, it was just great. Forgotten about it of late having eaten there a while back decided to have a first night meal there, never fails in it's delivery of good food. A little Gem on resturant hill.
Gaynor :D
destroyer
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by destroyer »

Always happy to put in a good word for this restaurant. We've been using the place for many years and are great fans of John and his staff. Just back from my daughter's wedding in Carvoeiro and every person in our party of thirty ate at least once at Jota Lita (most more than once), and loved the food and the relaxed atmosphere. As previously alluded to, John's motto is "relax - no hurry".
ncook
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by ncook »

This is our favourite restaurant too, and we eat here 4 or 5 times over a 2 week stay.

I like the fact we don't get a glass of port with the bill - we get the bottle on the table. Also, John gives us a bottle on our last night to take home!
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

having read the good write ups for this place we thought on tuesday night we would give it a try.we went in&my other half had the steak with pepercorn sauce ,very nice&i had the lamb cutletts which to be honest were a little bit fatty,i was going to order the flambe tiger prawns but i asked how many there were & i was told 2 which i thought was not good value till i saw a customer on the next table being served flambe tiger prawns which to my horror were huge !!needless to say we went again tonight& me&my other half both had the flambe tiger prawns&they were superb!you do not need a starter as the amount of bread you get is more than enough&like everybody else says the service is great&the staff&the owner are so friendly.we will defo be making this 1 of our must visit places on our numerous visits to our holiday haven.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

alf1956 wrote:having read the good write ups for this place we thought on tuesday night we would give it a try.we went in&my other half had the steak with pepercorn sauce ,very nice&i had the lamb cutletts which to be honest were a little bit fatty,i was going to order the flambe tiger prawns but i asked how many there were & i was told 2 which i thought was not good value till i saw a customer on the next table being served flambe tiger prawns which to my horror were huge !!needless to say we went again tonight& me&my other half both had the flambe tiger prawns&they were superb!you do not need a starter as the amount of bread you get is more than enough&like everybody else says the service is great&the staff&the owner are so friendly.we will defo be making this 1 of our must visit places on our numerous visits to our holiday haven.
ps:forgot to mention that the bill was €53 for 2 flambe tiger prawn meals ,2 couvert ,i coke,i large bottle of sparkling water&1 half bottle of mateus rose wine.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

The best value for money restaurant in CVO.
joelyont
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by joelyont »

We completely agree with logicbob, the best value.

We went at the beginning of November, we would usually go to A Galé a couple of doors up but tried this instead.
Very similar food on offer, we might suggest they cook their veg a little better here (nice firm veg) and it was a lovely meal 2 x couvert, 2 x starters, 1 x omlette, 1 x steak Portuguesa, more veg/potatoes/chips than we could eat, a wine and a beer for the bargain price of €35.60.

The food was fantastic, much better than the price suggests and the service great too, with the added bonus of Crocodile Dundee on the telly...we guess that usually if there's a game being played he has football on the TV in there judging by the scarves adorning the walls.

We will certainly go back.

Joe & Deb