SMOKEHOUSE

davethegreat
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: SMOKEHOUSE

Post by davethegreat »

I live here full time and have been to smokehouse several times, food always spot on service excellent prices fine would recommend to any one.
charles hewitt
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by charles hewitt »

Had lunch there yesterday; to round our week off and prepare us for the flight home. Excellent on all counts - quality, value and setting.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

excellent location along with excellent food&service !we have made several visits&never been dissapointed yet
suziebear
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by suziebear »

Reopens on Wednesday 12th December from 12 midday! Open Christmas Day for lunch too!!!
Jaylay
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Jaylay »

Just heard this is closed down,is it true?
MaisieK
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by MaisieK »

I hope not.
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

It would appear not - still going over Christmas and New Year (last posting on their website Dec 29th): http://www.thesmokehousealgarve.com
Jaylay
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Jaylay »

Heard that it closed in last couple of days.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

we heard through one our family memebers that are in contact with the owners who told them that they were opening through xmas but then they were closing the place
mur1963
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by mur1963 »

Their website confirms it now sadly......

http://www.thesmokehousealgarve.com/
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

mur1963 wrote:Their website confirms it now sadly......

http://www.thesmokehousealgarve.com/
That's a real bummer - suziebear and John fought hard to get this location going and now had the rug pulled from under their feet.

Sue and John - hope you can find new premisies and get going again.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

we&various family memebers have been to the smokehouse in their present location&have always enjoyed good food&good service but on the negative side the venue was in a bit of an out of the way location&with the completion of the Quinta boa nova complex seeming to be on hold there was liitle doubt in my mind about customers finding the location with it being a little obscure
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

its finding the right premises for the right rent. By all accounts the Irish Times is vacant but the rent...............
suziebear
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by suziebear »

Hi

Yes people, I am afraid it is true, we have closed the doors. Certainly werent expecting to as we had plans for our first anniversary party on the 13th Jan (as advertised in the INSIDE magazine) and we had the St Patricks Society and AFPOP booked in again for Jan and Feb. Gutted is not the word. This is the post in which we informed our lovely customers and friends...
Sorry to say ……
Posted on January 7, 2013
We have recently been informed by our Landlord that they are unable to obtain the necessary license required in order for us to serve food. Accordingly, we are unable to operate our business, legally and correctly, at Quinta da Boa Nova.
As a result, we have had to close the doors with immediate effect. We are obviously deeply saddened by this action, as we have been extremely happy there and have met hundreds of new people, many who have become regular customers and good friends.
As this decision has had to be made very quickly, we have had no time to inform people but please be assured that we will put any updates on our website regarding our relocation.
We are actively looking for suitable premises, close by, so that we can carry on with our business that we have fought to keep going for the past 5 years.
We would like to thank you for your support and hope that you will continue to support us once we have moved to new premises, yet again.
In the meantime, should you wish to contact us – please email sue@thesmokehousealgarve.com

Although we are actively looking for new premises, we are rather wary now, 3rd time in 5 years is a little much to bear. I arrived in UK today with interviews lined up to go back into Licensed trade, so lets see what happens and where we end up. I promise to keep you all informed. John is still in the Algarve bless him, unpacking, and packing, and sorting all things out. House looks like Steptoes yard with all the stuff we have had to move.. :cry: :( :evil:

Thanks to all for your concern and kind messages
Sue and John
xx
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

well i for one hope you find another suitable premise in or around the carvoeiro area.i would like to think that maybe with so many properties being empty you could find a vacant premise&be able to negotiate a sensible rent,