SMOKEHOUSE

blue
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

SMOKEHOUSE

Post by blue »

Had a lovely lunch here this week.
The setting is very pretty, the food was very good & the service charming & efficient.
And no Bruce W I don't know if their roast potatoes are as good as Rascals, I don't even know if they do roast potatoes, all I know is that the smoked haddock, new potatoes & pea & spinach puree I had was delicious & the staff were lovely. The menu is varied, different from the usual fayre on offer in most of the restaurants, something for everyone, meat or fish lovers.
I hope they do really well in their new home.
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Re: SMOKEHOUSE

Post by Bruce Wallis »

blue wrote:Had a lovely lunch here this week.
The setting is very pretty, the food was very good & the service charming & efficient.
And no Bruce W I don't know if their roast potatoes are as good as Rascals, I don't even know if they do roast potatoes, all I know is that the smoked haddock, new potatoes & pea & spinach puree I had was delicious & the staff were lovely. The menu is varied, different from the usual fayre on offer in most of the restaurants, something for everyone, meat or fish lovers.
I hope they do really well in their new home.
I'm sure there was a point to that ostensibly pointless comment Blue......but we look forward to visiting the Smoke House, and also wish them well in this venture.
patti
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by patti »

Had lunch at the Smokehouse last week .Beautiful restaurant in a lovely setting. The food is delicious and the staff outstanding for service and friendliness We wish you luck in your new venture
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

been to the smokehouse tonight&found the food very good&the service likewise.the location is outstanding&im sure this place will do very well.
Aitch
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Aitch »

A group of us had lunch at The Smokehouse yesterday. It was excellent. Great menu, nice friendly service, quality house wines, (we tried them all red, white and pink), and very good value. For the short trip out of town, it is well worth the visit.

Oh, and the fish pie is to die for!
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

The food is better than many. could do with more seasoning and stronger flavoured sauces but that is down to personal taste.
Drinks are expensive and we refused to pay their prices for fresh orange juice.
Given the price of oranges it was exorbitant.
SAM SPARKLE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by SAM SPARKLE »

I saw this place advertised on one of its flyers as a Cafe, so didn't bother visiting - so, which is it - a Cafe or a Restaurent :?:
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Its whatever you want it to be Sam!

The physical premises were built as the "poolside cafe", and part of their lease is to serve snacks to pool users.

However, the food, the ambiance, the service and the quality of the setting give it an aura of an upscale restaurant, and in the evenings, when the pool is shut, its very much a "restaurant" - regardless

Added photo of the interior at night:
smokehouse.jpg
smokehouse.jpg (57.19 KiB) Viewed 13188 times
Restaurant or Cafe ?
SAM SPARKLE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by SAM SPARKLE »

Appreciate your clarification E-Dickie – I will most probably give it a go some evening on my next visit, fish pie sounds the bizzo. :D
Ernie
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Ernie »

I still cant figure out why EMM goes to portugal. Again things too expensive.........stay at home and be miserable
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

Because we spend around 100 days year in Portugal we have a reasonable idea of what is real value.
If a Portuguese owned restaurant can sell a fresh orange juice for E1.50 , why on earth would I pay around 3 euros because of location etc.
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

EMM wrote:Because we spend around 100 days year in Portugal we have a reasonable idea of what is real value.
If a Portuguese owned restaurant can sell a fresh orange juice for E1.50 , why on earth would I pay around 3 euros because of location etc.
Easy way round that.....drink wine not orange juice. :D
We now spend over 180 days a year in Portugal......we also have a good idea of value....and love the place.
I'm sure you don't mean to.....but you always sound so negative.
Toots
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Toots »

Hi Bruce
We now spend over 180 days a year in Portugal......

Does this mean you are now tax resident and pay Portuguese tax on your worldwide income??

Toots
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

Toots wrote:Hi Bruce

Does this mean you are now tax resident and pay Portuguese tax on your worldwide income??

Toots
World Wide income??!!! Give over love!!.....I'm a poor old British pensioner, scrabbling round the reduced racks at Pingo, and Intermarche!! :D
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Bruce Wallis wrote:
Toots wrote:Hi Bruce

Toots
World Wide income??!!! Give over love!!.....I'm a poor old British pensioner, scrabbling round the reduced racks at Pingo, and Intermarche!! :D
Its true, I've seen him. Bruce also keeps an eye on the green bins at the bottom of Centinenes hill for broken sun loungers! :D