Vila Nova - new fixed price menu!

djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Vila Nova - new fixed price menu!

Post by djprescott »

We went to Vila Nova for a meal last Saturday evening and the restaurant is now doing a fixed price menu for 15 Euro.
Choice of 2 starters, 2 main courses, desert, coffee and glass of wine.

Starters and mains to be changed daily. It sounds like good value to me given the quality of the food and service.
We will definately be giving that menu a go when we are out next.

Dave
steve
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Vila Nova - new fixed price menu!

Post by steve »

Went last night as part of a group of five people. 3 had the fixed price menu and were very impressed with the quality and the presentation. Portion sizes were not skimped. I had an excellent large dourada filleted for me at a cost of 16 euros. Very happy to recomend the restaurant. It was perhaps a sign of the times that on a (Good) Friday evening we were the only people in the restaurant for most of the evening before being joined later by another couple who were staying on the complex.
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Yes we had the fixed price menu last week and it was very good. The restaurant was busy ,but the weather this week hasn't helped any of the restaurants.
Nice to see the sun shining today
Canada
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Canada »

We tired this restaurant on St. Patrick's Day this year and the 4 of us were very impressed. Deliciuos food! Thanks, Tricky, for recommending it to us. I mentioned your "real" name to the waiter as the person that recommended it. Also visited Jo & Vasco in Ferragudo several times. Her fig moonshine is potent and her bigger than life personality is entertaining!!!
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Hi Jan
Glad you enjoyed Vila Nova, we missed you by minutes!!!
and knew you would love Fin Do Mundo..... the morning after the night before, does feel like 'The end of the world' when
you've had Jo's grappa :D
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

for no other reason than I read about on this site, we visited Vila Nova last Tuesday. 6 in the restaurant when we arrived and 4 of those left shortly after. So a max of 8 at around 8pm. which is a pity, because this is a lovely restaurant, great food and friendly staff. the €15 menu was on display at the table, but plumped for the 'special' that night. Golden Bream for 2 and it was excellent. 1 (generous) cover, I starter (I am a sitting duck for tomato soap)the special for 2, water and wine and under €50. Excellent. Hope to return in June. This site sure throws up some gems 8) . O Tasco on Friday (naturally from this site). :)
charliegill11
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by charliegill11 »

We visited last Friday evening and were quite surprised to see how many people were in the restaurant when we arrived. The fixed price menu looked excellent value for money but we decided that we couldn't manage the three courses and decided to have the main menu instead. The service was excellent and the food was very good as always.
SAM SPARKLE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by SAM SPARKLE »

Had an enjoyable sardine lunch last week, down by the old fish market on the harbour front at Alvor – 6.00 Euros – bargain :D
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

SAM SPARKLE wrote:Had an enjoyable sardine lunch last week, down by the old fish market on the harbour front at Alvor – 6.00 Euros – bargain :D
What on earth has this got to do with Villa Nova??
SAM SPARKLE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by SAM SPARKLE »

Bruce Wallis wrote:
SAM SPARKLE wrote:Had an enjoyable sardine lunch last week, down by the old fish market on the harbour front at Alvor – 6.00 Euros – bargain :D
What on earth has this got to do with Villa Nova??
Feck all, just practising my spelling :roll:
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

We had the fixed price menu on 2 of our 3 visits on our recent trip to CVO.
Food and service was excellent as usual. The menu changes every day so you get the variation as well asthe good value!!

Good to see the restaurant busy on each of the evenings, whilst down in the square it was very quiet indeed.
Dave