Vimar

EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Vimar

Post by EMM »

Looking to try somewhere different during our last visit we wandered much further up the hill than usual and came across Vimar.
We had one of the best steaks we have eaten in a long time.
Will certainly be going back later in the year.

We also went to Tasco also under new management, excellent fish ( red snapper ).
As this is not a farmed fish ( most bass or dourade sadly now is unless you are paying 50 euros/kg plus), it made a pleasant change.
On hearing I liked to fish the owner ( a fishing fanatic ) showed us loads of photos of fish he has caught locally, explained the best methods, locations, got out boxes of fishing equipment etc etc.
Again another place to re visit.
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

We were impressed by Vimar. Definately worth another visit.
Cant say the same for TASCO
Couldnt even get a Bruscetta right. Totally indifferent meal. Tride to tell me that a chocolate or mango mousse should have the consistancy of a gloopy milkshake. Will do OK for summer passing trade....but will soon be found out during the winter. Nice guy....but dont think he'll survive too long.
pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pickwick »

EMM

You are right and Bruce is wrong. If there are not roasties on the plate the food is rubbish and the restaurant doomed in his humble (and ill informed) opinion.

Pickwick
robalote
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by robalote »

Bruce wallis
Hello Bruce, I apologize but these your comments, you can be right in the mango mousse was really a little liquid, had been made ​​fresly 4 hours before you arrived was not consistent enough, but the bruschetta is not my fault you do not like mushrooms, you asked no mushrooms this was done, now is not my fault you send us the brusheta backwards because it had cheese, but nobody is perfect I accept my mistakes now but is not fair this criticals to the bruschetta if you do not like cheese, mushrooms it´s not my foult ... and saying here that I will not survive is ridiculous, but having people like you certainly i wouldn´t sorvive, I'm glad that in a hundred people that try my restaurant they all found it was very nice but is normal to have a person who does not like, do not know if it is to help friends from other restaurants, bars ... but the way you say it´s very sad I´am 27 years openning a restaurant at this times i should be proud of my self and ignore unfounded critical´s like you, just too let you know i will SURVIVE
p.s sorry everyone for this post, but when I read this it had to say something, but he is right with the mousse and only on the mango one because the chocolat one never made one yet soo don´t know were he gat the chocolat mousse from
Sander
heini
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by heini »

...with all due respect, another example of how members of this forum careen off topic at the drop of a hat. This topic was started to review the restaurant Vimar, now we have a "discussion" about a very different restaurant, If I had looked at the subject line and went straight to the last page/post I would think that the comments are still directed at Vimar, and would be very concerned about their reputation. Please, please try to keep to the subject topic.
robalote
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by robalote »

Héllo heini you are right sorry...but i needed to reply bruce sorry
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

pickwick wrote:EMM

You are right and Bruce is wrong. If there are not roasties on the plate the food is rubbish and the restaurant doomed in his humble (and ill informed) opinion.

Pickwick
Pickwick....that comment is rude, and not worthy of you, and I will add no more to that, save, that you too weren't overally impressed that night either........or so you said to me.

Robalote/Sandar
I respect you for replying.
My comment about the bruscetta, is based on that your chef took a classic and over complicated it. You, to your credit, dealt with my complaint, admirably.
If you had accepted my comment about the mousse, instead of trying to infer that I didn't know what I was talking about, I wouldn't have been so cross in my critique.

I aplogise for saying you probably wont survive, based on the one meal I had there.
I shouldn't've said that, and wish you well.
heini
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by heini »

...not entirely your fault Sander, isn't it? :wink:
pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pickwick »

Bruce

The only rudeness was from you on the night. Your complaints were unwarranted so much so every time you over reacted one other guest was repeatedly heard to say "shut the f**k up will you".

Pickwick

PS Sander I did enjoy the food as you know and you made us all very welcome and dealt with a difficult guest in a professional dignified way. I congratulate you.
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

We will be going back to BOTH, Vimar and Tasco.
Both have bought something new and better to the dining experience in CVO.
pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pickwick »

Just a note to end (I hope) this debate about O'Tasco under this subject:-

If you look at all the comments about O Tasco (under the O Tasco subject) from mark d, logicbob, e-richard, Walker-Savings and EMM there is no doubt that the restaurant is giving value for money, good food and good service and the common denominator is that they will all go back. I wish Sander and his wife all the best and am happy to add my name to those that will go back. I genuinely do not accept the comments made by Bruce were fair and balanced and I am please he has had the good grace to apologise to Sander. He said my comments were rude and for giving that impression I apologise publicly to him but the fact remains he was out of order, inaccurate with his post and despite a PM telling me off etc I can 100% guarantee that my post was 100% factual. Fine dining O Tasco is not but it does not pretend to be! Bruschetta is a basic dish and if a chef puts his own slant on it so be it - congratulations I say to an otherwise basic dish.

Can I humbly suggest any more debate on O Tasco should be properly advanced under the O Tasco subject and leave this thread to Vimar?

Pickwick
Last edited by pickwick on Mon May 21, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

In closing this uneccessarily unpleasant episode, I would refer readers to my recent posting under the Rascals thread.
blue
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by blue »

What is a bruscetta?
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

A badly spelt bruschetta :D
Sinkie
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Sinkie »

Hi, just back from two weeks holiday. Went to Vimar in the first week and had an excellent meal, so much so we decided to go there for our last night. An unfortunate mistake. Whether it was the fact that girls had been handing out flyers the night before or the fact that A Redde was shut, it was too busy for them to cope with. 1 hour and 10 minutes before we got our meal.

There were 3 working in the restaurant but only could see 2 in the kitchen. Seemed at one point that tables were being dealt with one at a time, more than one before us had their starter then main before others seemed to be served. However they were very apologetic and it will not put me off going again, I will just be careful to make sure A Redde is open.