RASCALS

Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

RASCALS

Post by Bruce Wallis »

Here is one for an excellent Sunday lunch........

Rascals Bar.
Excellent home made style roast beef and yorkshires....veg and yorkshires freshly cooked to order, and afterwards an excellent apple crumble, with loads of lovely custard.

The view over the town beach is pretty good too.
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: RASCALS

Post by EMM »

It certainly looks a good addition to the places to get a drink with a view. Hopefully they will not be as greedy as those in the square, 3 euros for a coke is really taking the P****.
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

We spent yesterday at the Portugal masters, well done Tom Lewis first win in only 3 starts on the Tour.
On our way home after dinner we stopped at Rascals for coffee, very nice welcome, good decor , furnishing and ecellent value. They plan to stay open all year if possible, We will certainly be trying out the food on offer.
CM
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by CM »

I remember Rascal under Rachel and even before that, has anybody got a contact email? got a joint 18th to sort and think it might be a good shout
joanne
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joanne »

Had a really nice few nights in and the food was very nice, not sure if suitable for an18th? maybe if smallish family Party, the owners are really nice as are all the Staff, Joe
CM
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by CM »

Hi Jo

Only be about 20 of us? was going to do the surprise thing, pretend we are going to O castello and pop in for a drink..ta da banners and piccies everywhere
pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pickwick »

Hi

Not sure about the food or quality in general at Rascals. I had an apology of a version of a club sandwich which I rated about 2.5/10. My large shandy was served at room temperature so I conclude they have a lot to do to achieve any sort of decent reputation. My wife had a wrap (she had been before) which did not at all resemble the same wrap she had enjoyed a few days prevoiusly. If the owners want to try a real club sandwich they should go to Club Nau and see how to do it properly and shamelessly copy their recipe. It is not really rocket science to serve a cold shandy and a good club sandwich is it?.
The view alone is no substitute for consistency and quality of the food and drinks (Onze being a perfect local example of a great location combined with mediocre (at best) food and lethargic couldn't care less service.

Pickwick
Rascalsbar
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Rascalsbar »

Pickwick,

I am disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your second visit to us. My partner and I would like to invite you to a complementary lunch to see if we can make amends.

Kind regards

Rascals Bar
Craig
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Craig »

That's a very sporting gesture Rascalsbar.
Can I bring to your attention that when I was out in October I had a bottle of Cristal that could have been colder. Any chance of a freebie next time I'm out?

Craig
CM
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by CM »

And my Moet could have been a bit bubblier an all
algarvejack
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by algarvejack »

RE pickywick

I read your post with some interest, My wife and our three children have been regulars at rascals bar since it reopened in september. We have found the food and service nothing but first class. The sandwiches and wraps are great and the beer is always ice cold????
My wife and i have also dinned at Onze on many an occasion and found the service to be excellent and the menu to be fresh and innovative.The staff at both establishments are very helpful and can't do enough for you.
Is it possible that you work at club nau????
I find it highly amusing that people like you choose to use anonymous forums to voice your opinion.
I have read the reviews for both Rascals and Onze and it does appear that your opinion is in the minority of one, Yourself!!

kind regards jack
Last edited by algarvejack on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

We have no complaints about Rascals other than we spotted a blue sign which means smoking is permitted , I assume when they are not serving food. If that is the case then sadly it is off our list for winter nights, hope we were wrong.
pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pickwick »

Jack - sorry I mean Joke,

You only joined the forum today! Oddly, so did "Rascals Bar" and both within an hour and 10 minutes of each other. Incredible coincidence I think will be the majority view?

Presumably you are equally amused by your own posting on this "anonymous forum to voice your opinion".

As for working for Club Nau, I do not but they can serve a great club sandwich and a cold shandy - simples!!.

Pickwick
Last edited by pickwick on Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ANDY
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by ANDY »

Sometimes the MOST forceful statement you can make is to remain (((SILENT)))
See you saturday night guys... keep up the good work
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Been to Rascals couple of times (October) and enjoyed both visits. Dined on one occasion, food good, freshly made. Attentive service. Looking to hold a friend's 70th there next year.